Huns new gaffer - Page 17 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Huns new gaffer

10 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

I would get 20 months pay - but that is an aside

McInnes already holds a 3 year contract, which would incur breach of contract with a resignation,  

either/or - no one resigns without already having an offer ..................

Rubbish. There would be a notice period but he can resign without being in breach of contract. 

It would all depend on the length of the notice period whether or not it would be worth Aberdeen going down the legal route, as pretty sure and compensation is related to that. Admittedly its been a while since I had anything to do with this sort of stuff. 

3 hours ago, macy37 said:

Nobody comes out of this looking good. In an order of cuntness I’d say it’s McIness then Aberdeen then the Huns at the bottom. 

Aberdeens handling of this affair is horrendous. McInness has been an utter cunt in this and should have done many things hugely differently and the Huns have played a blinder by firing up their “contacts” to work for them for their greater good.....

McInnes has been a kunt - should have gone before the recent double header.
Instead he played along with the illegal tap up instigated by the huns.

I am struggling to think what Aberdeen could have done differently ?

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Rubbish. There would be a notice period but he can resign without being in breach of contract. 

It would all depend on the length of the notice period whether or not it would be worth Aberdeen going down the legal route, as pretty sure and compensation is related to that. Admittedly its been a while since I had anything to do with this sort of stuff. 

rubbish not - why would there be a notice period

this is not an employment contract 

this is a fixed term contract which means there is penalty on both sides if they break the contract

I will give you an example - I have worked for same company for 14 years, but there is no guarantee of future employment beyond the notice period on both sidees from employer/employee for say 4 weeks - but fixed term contract you are guaranteed

My employers have fixed term contracts with clients - we cant back out, even if we were losing $400K a month on certain deals - Contract has to run its course unless there is Force Majeure or something like that - or we take our changes of being sued

Edited by euan2020

46 minutes ago, Haggis_trap said:

Been a whole lot stronger.

9 hours ago, Haggis_trap said:

Macy will class that as a bit, I can only assume he was on a fishing trip because nobody is that thick.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Voted Yes.... :ph34r:

^ fair point there : kudos where it is due.
McInnes potentially the difference between 2nd and 3rd place for both teams.
Especially if he takes couple of Aberdeen players to Ibrox.

I think there is good argument that managers shouldn't be able to move to another club during season
Especially when we just lost 6pts to nearest rivals - the uncertainty has played a role in those fixtures.
Rangers tapping him up his is annoying and below the belt.
However the sporting integrity of McInnes is the real issue here for me.

11 hours ago, euan2020 said:

where else does anyone resign to go to a job interview ?

Where else does somebody have to get their boss's permission to go to a job interview? This is the big problem here, IMO.

It's time the rules on football management were brought into line with normal employment law. 

11 hours ago, Parklife said:

McInnes has been refused permission to speak to Rangers. If there’s been no wrongdoing then he’d have resigned from his current job with zero idea of what the T’s and C’s on offer are. Does that sound likely? 

I think that would largely depend on how the conversation with his chairman went. As it would appear that he hasn't actually resigned yet, then maybe that conversation went better than we think?

29 minutes ago, Haggis_trap said:

^ fair point there : kudos where it is due.
McInnes potentially the difference between 2nd and 3rd place for both teams.
Especially if he takes couple of Aberdeen players to Ibrox.

I think there is good argument that managers shouldn't be able to move to another club during season
Especially when we just lost 6pts to nearest rivals - the uncertainty has played a role in those fixtures.
Rangers tapping him up his is annoying and below the belt.
However the sporting integrity of McInnes is the real issue here for me.

Think that should make decision easy for mcInnes. Rangers ambition is 2nd place. No good enough for fans therefors if he gets 2nd he will still be booted as they expect 10 in a row to be stopped. Almost impossible task for anyone.On a hiding to nothing.

of tr

7 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I think that would largely depend on how the conversation with his chairman went. As it would appear that he hasn't actually resigned yet, then maybe that conversation went better than we think?

Or worse, depending on whether you're a Rangers fan, or don't like MacInnes :lol:

@Doric - agree.
The best Derek McInnes can do with Rangers is second in league and cups.
He has already done that with Aberdeen.

So : does he go to Ibrox but get sacked after 2 season because Celtic are still miles ahead ?
Or does he stay with Aberdeen, potentially even longer term.

17 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

Would it be fair to say that Aberdeen's best player ain't even an Aberdeen player?!

He would be following in the long old firm tradition of buying up other teams best players to weaken other teams and strengthen thier bench.

Personally as mentioned above he's not going to win the league with Rangers at the moment so on a hiding to nothing.  If he wants to go, get it done.

Still seems to have taken a long time to identify and approach a manager.

5 minutes ago, McFootSoldier said:

He would be following in the long old firm tradition of buying up other teams best players to weaken other teams and strengthen thier bench.

Personally as mentioned above he's not going to win the league with Rangers at the moment so on a hiding to nothing.  If he wants to go, get it done.

Still seems to have taken a long time to identify and approach a manager.

I don't think it is a coincidence that we made the move just a few days after the AGM where resolutions were passed that allowed loans to be converted to equity and opened the way for a new share offering.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Don't think any of the Aberdeen players would get in the Rangers team, would they...?

its amazing how two wins can change an opinion, I doubt anyone would have said that after the loss to hamilton.

40 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

I don't think it is a coincidence that we made the move just a few days after the AGM where resolutions were passed that allowed loans to be converted to equity and opened the way for a new share offering.

Smoke and mirrors. Think most would suggest that something was in the water before the AGM, it just gave a convenient excuse as to why no contact had been made as Rangers needed the cash first. 

2 hours ago, Haggis_trap said:

In that case would you agree that clubs shouldn't be allowed to sack managers during the season.

I don’t think McInnes has done much wrong. Aberdeen fans are greeting because he’s not come out and ended speculation. Why would he do that, when he’s clearly interested in moving to a bigger club. Would be pretty daft to put off future employers and close doors before they are even open.

I don’t think Aberdeen have done much wrong ether - they came out with supporting statement then refused talks, but ultimately can’t stop the inevitable.

That being said, it would be poor judgement on the part of McInnes to take up the Rangers job. It’s a terrible club, run by idiots. It’ll be hell for him if he takes it up.

The media have been disgraceful. Acting as agents for Rangers and promoting their interests. They have failed in their duty to act in the public interest, and instead have acted to promote vested interests. Their conduct has been unprofessional at best and unlawful at worst

Edited by Morrisandmoo

6 minutes ago, aaid said:

In that case would you agree that clubs shouldn't be allowed to sack managers during the season.

No reason managers should not get the sack if not doing their job properly.  

Players/managers moving between clubs in the same league during the season their could be a conflict of interest.  Same as loaning players to teams in the same league.