Hamilton musical - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hamilton musical

Guest flumax

So anyone else obsessed with the musical Hamilton. I can't wait for it to come to the UK. I hope Miranda moves to Scotland for a few shows. 

A musical about a Scot seeking independence for his new country from Britain. Some amazing songs and full of emotion. I didn't know the full story before this musical https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamilton_(musical)

Some beautiful tracks and undertones of uprising. I hope similar things will be done for the future Scotland founding fathers and mothers 

That's a touchingly romantic view of Hamilton's nationality :). "The bástard brat of a Scottish peddler" was John Adams' characterization. Would he even be eligible to play for the national team?

I'm sure it's a good musical, right enough ...

Edit: How prim is this swear filter?

Edited by DonnyTJS

36 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

That's a touchingly romantic view of Hamilton's nationality :). "The bástard brat of a Scottish peddler" was John Adams' characterization. Would he even be eligible to play for the national team?

I'm sure it's a good musical, right enough ...

Edit: How prim is this swear filter?

Nah ya right. Fuch him some west Indian naebady 

8 hours ago, flumax said:

Dad was from Ayrshire so if the basis for nationality is based on the eligibility for a football team then yep he's eligible and therefore Scottish. 

http://www.scotlandnow.dailyrecord.co.uk/lifestyle/heritage/alexander-hamilton-scot-who-might-7225676

I was just musing on whether illegitimacy affects eligibility, but I've just checked and it's 'biological father', and being a child-abandoning ne'er-do-well makes not a jot of difference. So, yes, according to FIFA Hamilton could get a game.

On 10/28/2017 at 1:00 AM, DonnyTJS said:

the son of a scot? I would imagine so.

On Saturday, October 28, 2017 at 10:35 AM, DonnyTJS said:

I was just musing on whether illegitimacy affects eligibility, but I've just checked and it's 'biological father', and being a child-abandoning ne'er-do-well makes not a jot of difference. So, yes, according to FIFA Hamilton could get a game.

Unfortunately he died 70 years too early.

• 4 months later...
On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 8:43 PM, Mindimoo said:

Saw it on 29th January.  Wow, just wow.  Everything I had hoped for after following for so long.

Saw it at start of February and wasn't expecting too much. When I was told it was a hip hop play about the Founding Fathers, my first thought was "Oh FFS," but it was excellent and far exceeded any expectations I had. The song "no-one else was in the room when it happened" is a helluva show song.