You know you're getting old when... - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

You know you're getting old when...

...when you're in a phone shop and ask if it's possible to have a phone that isn't so needy,  continuously bombarding you with "hey get your boost now! hurry! free stuff! wey-hey! do something! hello! I'm here, don't forget, I'm a phone! use me! top me up add me on now!" or words to that effect, and you're about to say can't I have something simpler "...like a normal phone" and you look at all the shop assistants who have stopped what they're doing to listen and they all look as if they've never known anything else as a normal phone. 

On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:04 PM, daviebee said:

When a 30 year-old - a fkin 30 year-old - says, "I've heard a lot about that Archie Gemmill goal but never seen it. Was it really that good?"

Hate to alarm you further but a 40 year old could now ask you that question....

4 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Hate to alarm you further but a 40 year old could now ask you that question....

Aye, you’d need to be in your mid 40s to be old enough to remember 1978.

:lol:

Kids in their late teens, maybe even early 20s will have never seen a video, so have no idea what you mean when you talk about “taping” stuff on your sky+ or equivalent.

12 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

You know you're getting old when the highlight of your day is giving your baws a good scratch first thing in the morning 

That’s a Leith thing. 

Leith was the only place in history that you could catch the bubonic plague through fleas in yer pubes.

33 minutes ago, jockodile said:

you fondly remember nights out in the 90s when almost nobody had a mobile phone so people talked to each other rather than just stare at a screen every 5 minutes.

If you didn’t have a mobile phone, how did you let everyone know how much fun you were having? What did you use to video things you went to see?