Board changes and upgrades - Page 2 - TAMB Announcements - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Board changes and upgrades

TAMB1

7 hours ago, G-Man said:

Please don’t take this the wrong way but ffs Donny you’re a pain in the erse. Working my way through ‘that’  thread again! I know I’ve said previously I have time for other boards, walking the dog and work but I now think I’ll have to pull a sickie as running short of time and not finished reading. Bonus is I’m self employed.👍🏻

Reading between the lines it sounds like it.

On 10/29/2017 at 9:55 AM, DonnyTJS said:

It's back! Thanks again to those concerned. Now I'll be able to link to a plethora of ancient posts with a smug "See, I told you so ..." whenever I wish, to the delight of the entire board. :) (plus all the mundane 'classics')

Well that took a while to read.:lol:  Actually I've only got as far as page 46 so far. I wish I'd been around when Khareigh was still alive. What a legend.

I notice you didn't take much part in proceedings Donny? 

That Steelpeach burd didn't take the revelations too well. I think she wanted to kick him in the one nut he had left.:lol:

47 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Well that took a while to read.:lol:  Actually I've only got as far as page 46 so far. I wish I'd been around when Khareigh was still alive. What a legend.

That Steelpeach burd didn't take the revelations too well. I think she wanted to kick him in the one nut he had left.:lol:

You know he is still here?

53 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I didn't have a computer 'til 2009 and just watched it all unfold in wide-eyed amazement while at work.

Steelpeach was a bloke - moderately successful entertainer in Italy, I believe. Yeah, he and some others got well into it. The JKB mob are a right laugh.

Unfortunately, it all got cleared up on a different thread started by Calmac_Man after 'the nephew' had got in touch with him, and that thread was never archived. What is really unfortunate though, as I skimmed some of it yesterday, is that at least three posters on that thread really are dead now.

Edited by DonnyTJS

4 hours ago, andymac said:

Is that posh talk for on the game?

3 hours ago, Bobster said:

Reading between the lines it sounds like it.

Being asked if I had change for a fiver eventually got too embarrassing. 

54 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Aye right you are Pammy,  pretending you don’t know peachy or the Khraeigh story. 

On ‎22‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:00 PM, TAMB1 said:

We are always happy to listen to any suggestions so please feel free to post any suggestions or ideas you may have. [...]

The TAMB Team.

tit

####er

tosser

shit

bloody

ing

##### 

penis

piss

[Edit: This was a test]

Edited by DonnyTJS

Ok. Could we discuss the swear filter?

At present, based on the rigorous, scientific test above, the situation is this:

cûnt; bástard; fûck; fûcker; fûcking; and wánk are completely blanked.

wánker becomes ####er; cûnting becomes ing; and pŕick changes to ##### [bizarre - the filter even disallowed an 'i' with an accent - what if you want to write about doing yourself a slight mischief with a needle?].

Why? Those terms are all currently widespread Anglo-Saxon intensifiers regularly heard on the top-deck of any bus in the country, usually from the mouths of seven-year-olds.

If the board has a well-moderated policy on personal abuse, do we really need to censor language?

Edited by DonnyTJS
the other 'p' word for 'penis' is mega-defended ...

9 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

At present, based on the rigorous, scientific test above, the situation is this:

wánker becomes ####er; cûnting becomes ing; and pŕick changes to ##### [bizarre - the filter even disallowed an 'i' with an accent - what if you want to write about doing yourself a slight mischief with a needle?].

Why? Those terms are all currently widespread Anglo-Saxon intensifiers regularly heard on the top-deck of any bus in the country, usually from the mouths of seven-year-olds.

If the board has a well-moderated policy on personal abuse, do we really need to censor language?

Don’t be a ya ####face . :P

It appears the Politics Thread is not being used, everyone is posting in Anything Goes Other Thread.  So i suggest ,remove the separate Politics thread, or move all the current threads from Anything Goes to the Politics Sub section.

Also it is a wee bit annoying when first entering the page to have THIS section at the top, meaning we have to scroll down to get to the 'real' Threads.  can we move this section to the bottom?

1 hour ago, stocky said:

It appears the Politics Thread is not being used, everyone is posting in Anything Goes Other Thread.  So i suggest ,remove the separate Politics thread, or move all the current threads from Anything Goes to the Politics Sub section.

Also it is a wee bit annoying when first entering the page to have THIS section at the top, meaning we have to scroll down to get to the 'real' Threads.  can we move this section to the bottom?

I agree with the first paragraph.

But I think it's important to have the board announcements at the top to make sure everyone sees them.

They'll probably get archived once the TAMB has resettled but I think it's useful for now to have them  at the top.

12 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

Sorry Donny , that would not be in line with our clean and classy new logo 🙂

Why is there a daily limit on the number of reactions to posts ?

I was reading the match thread and went to "like" someone's posts and got an error message to the effect I cannot add anymore reactions today.

I think I've only "liked" or "laughed" at 5-6 posts (maybe 10?) ?

Not sure why there's a daily quota or certainly such a stringent one ?

55 minutes ago, fringo said:

I was reading the match thread and went to "like" someone's posts and got an error message to the effect I cannot add anymore reactions today.

Don't know. Didn't know there was. I'll have a look.

1 hour ago, fringo said:

You'll be turning into a "serial liker" :D

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

new layout is crap, too many adverts, I almost replied to a sandwich advert :lol::lol:

Its crap on the ipad too, adverts keep popping up when I'm trying to view a thread

We'll continue to tinker and work on the layout including he adverts etc to make it as easy to use as possible. Leave it with us.

• 2 years later...
On 11/9/2017 at 8:50 PM, fringo said:

On 11/9/2017 at 9:47 PM, TAMB2 said:

Don't know. Didn't know there was. I'll have a look.

This is still happening 3 years and many complaints later ?

Please free the "likes" etc 😄:D

PS - also please make the emojis much larger.