Board changes and upgrades - TAMB Announcements - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Board changes and upgrades

TAMB1

As you may all have noticed the board has underwent an upgrade this week. As promised we have started the process of improvements on the board and we hope you will all approve and like what we are doing.

We have given the place a lick of paint and hope to improve the experience further with some new features and things to make it a better place to come. We will continue this over a period of time and some things may be trial and error.

We are always happy to listen to any suggestions so please feel free to post any suggestions or ideas you may have. 

If anyone has any problems or wish to contact us then post, PM or email us team@tamb.net

The TAMB Team.

2 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

The home page seems a bit busy now but its something that'll get used to.

We will be trying a few things, nothing is set in stone and if it doesn’t work we will change it back. Will see how things go.

On 10/22/2017 at 2:20 PM, fringo said:

PS, I like the Recent or Popular Post bits down the right hand side.

I don't.  Makes the home page too busy.  It also only shows you who opened the thread as opposed to the most recent poster which means you can be going in to a thread that's not had any updates.

On 10/23/2017 at 4:50 AM, Ormond said:

Change the Anything Goes and Non TA fitba’ pages back around. I keep hitting the wrong one.

Me too!

10 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

@TAMB1 etc: Could you confirm that the TAMB archive has been lost?

We will be taking a back up of it. However it is quite a big job to get it all transferred and back online so It will be added to our "At some point in the future" list.

1 minute ago, TAMB1 said:

We will be taking a back up of it. However it is quite a big job to get it all transferred and back online so It will be added to our "At some point in the future" list.

Great news that it's not gone forever. Thanks, TAMB1, much appreciated. :ok:

4 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

It's back! Thanks again to those concerned. Now I'll be able to link to a plethora of ancient posts with a smug "See, I told you so ..." whenever I wish, to the delight of the entire board. :) (plus all the mundane 'classics')

Well spotted. Hadn’t  even had the chance to finish the testing process.

For everyone else’s info the archive board has been transferred and can be accessed from the Pages tab at the top or through www.tamb.net/archive

4 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

It's back! Thanks again to those concerned. Now I'll be able to link to a plethora of ancient posts with a smug "See, I told you so ..." whenever I wish, to the delight of the entire board. :) (plus all the mundane 'classics')

What was the thread about Jimbers’ bus chick and also the one about voting for the Dad’s lassie?

8 hours ago, Ormond said:

What was the thread about Jimbers’ bus chick and also the one about voting for the Dad’s lassie?

Both those are gone, I think.

The 'archive' now available through the Pages tab is the tartanarmyboard.co.uk board (the one that was discontinued mid-2014). The furthest back you can see on there is 2009, apart from threads that were locked which go back to 2008, and a sub-forum of threads that the Admins archived because they were considered important. I suspect everything earlier was binned to save server space.

As far as I can see, neither of those threads survived. To access what does remain, you need to go into a forum of the archived board, hit the 'Custom' tab and switch 'Time Frame' to 'Show All'.

7 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

Both those are gone, I think.

The 'archive' now available through the Pages tab is the tartanarmyboard.co.uk board (the one that was discontinued mid-2014). The furthest back you can see on there is 2009, apart from threads that were locked which go back to 2008, and a sub-forum of threads that the Admins archived because they were considered important. I suspect everything earlier was binned to save server space.

As far as I can see, neither of those threads survived. To access what does remain, you need to go into a forum of the archived board, hit the 'Custom' tab and switch 'Time Frame' to 'Show All'.

Can’t see anything like ‘custom’ or ‘time frame’

On 29/10/2017 at 9:55 AM, DonnyTJS said:

Please don’t take this the wrong way but ffs Donny you’re a pain in the erse. Working my way through ‘that’  thread again! I know I’ve said previously I have time for other boards, walking the dog and work but I now think I’ll have to pull a sickie as running short of time and not finished reading. Bonus is I’m self employed.👍🏻