The Weemin - Page 20 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Weemin

Toepoke

5 minutes ago, Eassy said:

Can’t say I watch every single women’s game but we do seem to have regressed under this coach, really dull watch and no real identity.

The games I've seen it involves Scottish players trying to play boring Spain football without the players.  Aimless pointless possession getting increasingly frantic hoping to find Weir not triple marked.

Then when that doesn't work the Spanish coach tries Scottish tactics of hoofing it but, unsurprisingly, is crapper at it than his Scottish equivalents.

Are the women in a similar place to the blokes in 2000 onwards where very little is coming through to replace the old guard? Hopefully there's at least a plan in place at youth level but might take a few years to start paying off.

Watching the highlights back, Ireland were well worth their win, could easily have scored 3 or 4.

We have some decent players but are just not up to the required standard in certain areas. Until that gets resolved we're unlikely to qualify for tournaments 😕

48 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Watching the highlights back, Ireland were well worth their win, could easily have scored 3 or 4.

We have some decent players but are just not up to the required standard in certain areas. Until that gets resolved we're unlikely to qualify for tournaments 😕

I don't think the manager has helped. Two qualification tournaments in a row and no sign of progress. 

33 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I don't think the manager has helped. Two qualification tournaments in a row and no sign of progress. 

Agreed mate, seemed to be in a good place under Shelley Kerr, team seems disjointed, best player is also retired, wonder if she would’ve kept playing if she felt the team had a genuine chance of achieving something.

08.48 today. BBC Five Live. Presenter very excitedly says we're delighted we're going to speak to the Irish girl who sent them through to their first WC final. 

So 'we're delighted that we're speaking to the non Brit who scored the goal that meant a British team couldn't qualify. And that's from the British Broadcasting Corporation! 

Substitute England getting knocked out and there would be understandable uproar!

1 minute ago, Eassy said:

Agreed mate, seemed to be in a good place under Shelley Kerr, team seems disjointed, best player is also retired, wonder if she would’ve kept playing if she felt the team had a genuine chance of achieving something.

I think Little was badly missed, would have added experience, composure and game management last night. Still she's made her choice and we have to adapt and move on.

10 minutes ago, Eassy said:

IIRC correctly, results started going south in the latter part of Kerr's tenure, her players hated her and the SFA considered some of Kerr's personal conduct deeply unprofessional.

11 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

08.48 today. BBC Five Live. Presenter very excitedly says we're delighted we're going to speak to the Irish girl who sent them through to their first WC final. 

So 'we're delighted that we're speaking to the non Brit who scored the goal that meant a British team couldn't qualify. And that's from the British Broadcasting Corporation! 

Substitute England getting knocked out and there would be understandable uproar!

Doesn't bother me. I'm not British.

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

We never seemed to turn up last night and wonder if Austria took it out of them although they were lucky a bit get through that really.

Although there is massive disparity in quality the manager doesn't really seem to be getting much out of them - dodgy at the back and toothless up front.  Their goal bizarrely seemed to come from our shit ball being basically nothing more than returned to sender then chaos ensued as one lass beating 3 or 4 defenders to it.

I get Cuthbert plays anchor for Chelsea but that's just to fit her in. Total waste for us especially when that Graham off the bench looks tidy.

I can see us slipping into the wilderness just as the game is taking off until the performance schools take off or we have some gems in wsl youth set up.

46 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

IIRC correctly, results started going south in the latter part of Kerr's tenure, her players hated her and the SFA considered some of Kerr's personal conduct deeply unprofessional.

Doesn't bother me. I'm not British.

You are correct on the first point. I think Kerr's reputation took a substantial knock because of that.

On your second point, it's just another example of the daily disrespect doled out by the British media.  Imagine the stick Adrian Chiles would have got if he'd excitedly said he was going to speak to the Croatian who had just dumped England out of the WC. I don't think it was done intentionally but it was utterly crass.

46 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Although there is massive disparity in quality the manager doesn't really seem to be getting much out of them - dodgy at the back and toothless up front.  Their goal bizarrely seemed to come from our shit ball being basically nothing more than returned to sender then chaos ensued as one lass beating 3 or 4 defenders.

I get Cuthbert plays anchor for Chelsea but that's just to fit her in. Total waste for us especially when that Graham off the bench looks tidy.

The Irish girl wasn't quick but Howard was even slower. Iirc Howard was in the England squad a few years back but would get nowhere near their squad nowadays. 

Cuthbert playing so deep for us is just mad.

15 minutes ago, robbo cop said:

Really have gone backwards imo. They looked like a promising team a few years back and played and moved the ball alot better and quicker.

I think Cuthbert is our most creative player but really needs to be played behind the striker to do any damage. 

Rather than us going backwards I think other countries have improved. The first Scotland women's game I went to was v Ireland around 5 years ago, and their team last night bore little resemblance to that one. So much more athletic and physical. We may have had the better technique but they were quicker than us all over the park.

Thought Cuthbert had a poor game. She plays that deeper role for Chelsea but should be further up the park for Scotland, although the amount of times she lost possession last night that might not have made much difference. 

Penalty miss. That was unforgivable.

Everyone goes on about ratio between goalie and goalsize 

Wier just pops it up nicely for the keeper to catch.

I blaim the real Madrid show pony for our loss.

Appalling penalty kick...

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Just shows that pond life is in the womens gane too, every single one of them should be waking up today with a suspension and told thanks, but no thanks, you’re not going to the World Cup. 

Scum of the earth, but this will be treated completely differently to the Lafferty situation, I can guarantee it, could be a good defence for him to work with though. 

38 minutes ago, stocky said:

It wasn't a great pen but bit unfair to blame the loss all on one player.

46 minutes ago, stocky said:

Yep, a firm pass into the corner, goal every time.

Really felt like it wasn't going to be our night after that miss 😕