The Weemin - Page 14 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Weemin

Toepoke

1 hour ago, euan2020 said:

The quality isn't an issue for me. If watch a Highland League match before I watched an EPL match

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

The quality isn't an issue for me. If watch a Highland League match before I watched an EPL match

Aye, but a highland league match doesn't get the same position of importance in the media as an epl match.Yet,the coverage and importance given to womens football is beyond comprehension. The usa national team losing 5-2 to an fc dallas under 15 side basically tells you all you need to know. Absolutely absurd situation. 

20 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Weather is decent though so might get a few late comers. 

Looks like it's going to pish doon.

Taking the wean along anyway, at least we'll get to see some of the world's best women players...

https://www.si.com/soccer/onefootball/video/2022/04/12/alexia-putellass-incredible-goals-at-hampden-park

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Looks like it's going to pish doon.

Taking the wean along anyway, at least we'll get to see some of the world's best women players...

https://www.si.com/soccer/onefootball/video/2022/04/12/alexia-putellass-incredible-goals-at-hampden-park

Stand by for a "woman's goalies are mince" comment from people who would never  watch a women's game

6 hours ago, thesaint said:

Aye, but a highland league match doesn't get the same position of importance in the media as an epl match.Yet,the coverage and importance given to womens football is beyond comprehension. The usa national team losing 5-2 to an fc dallas under 15 side basically tells you all you need to know. Absolutely absurd situation. 

The Highland League will always be the Highland League tho, the women's game has the potential to improve. 

5 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Stand by for a "woman's goalies are mince" comment from people who would never  watch a women's game

Spot on mate, I'm sick of the goalies being the fall guys for the general minceness of the woman's game!

4 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

We are doing ok at the moment , they have improved as this half has gone on. It’s a bit mental , and more entertaining than the champions league match on the other side . 

Jinxed it! 😕

Quality play from Spain though.

10 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

We are doing ok at the moment , they have improved as this half has gone on. It’s a bit mental , and more entertaining than the champions league match on the other side . 

That champions league match must be an absolute stinker then.

33 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

3 hour coach, lost 2-0, pissing down, freezing on the way out of the ground - 'Dad can we come next game'

YYYAAAASSSS!

Although slightly worried its only because I took her into the gents for a pee in the cubicle and she clocked her first widge.

What a rite of passage 😄

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I know, soon as I opened my gob 🙄

Yes, Spain are very good there is no doubt, but we are not giving up and have put a bit of pressure on. 

Thought we did well at times, certainly not the hammering I feared.

We just lack that composure at key moments that the Spaniards seemed to have in spades.

Biology obviously comes in to it but quite a few of them can't half shift across the pitch altough they don't quite have the stamina of the blokes.  Technically though, particularly the Spanish plus Weir, they're improving all the time - the lass who scored for Spain was quality but there was also someone in midfield who basically controlled the show playing 2 touch then moving into space.  Could see the Real / Barca influence a mile off.  

Enjoyed it last night and was good for my wee lass to see the girls play now she's getting into it.  

Some of the criticism for the SFA may be justified but at the end of the day they have to knock out decent performances to put bums on seats - hopefully the 8-0 in Spain was a boot up the arse as they seem to have been in some sort of a sulk since the fall out from the WC as last night is probably the best they've played in 2 years.  

It's easy for me to say but they maybe need a bit of perspective instead of looking at 90,000 for a Champions League game remember not long ago they would have been lucky to get near 8,000 collectively across a campaign.  It'll take time for the ramp up of girls at grass roots level to transfer into bums on seats so patience will be necessary.  

Edited by ThistleWhistle