The Weemin - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Weemin

Toepoke

I used to think that the SFA were very backward in not accepting weemin's fitba. It's starting to look like them auld geezers were wiser than I thought. But they've got their feet under the table so their is probably no way to get rid of them now. 

The stuff on twitter is ridiculous. Do they collectively not understand how any venue sells tickets? Do they want the SFA to open all of Hampden? and only get a few thousand at the game with less than 100 in each section, what a great idea that would be.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61029555

Rachel Corsie is either very stupid, or absolutely blinded by this. She wants equality, fine, no longer do the SFA hand out hundreds of free tickets, or sell them at a tenner.

Im genuinely pissed off that Messi and Mbappe get better treatment at PSG, than I do for playing 5s, its simply unfair.

23 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

whats thsi kak also o with the BBC also always tagging non interest as highlighted articles (to most folk) stories about womens domestic/european/international games every few days - have  to spend time scrolling past 

The BBC are bad but sky are ten times worse.

They promote the WSL like its on a par with the champions league 🤣

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

BBC can't afford anything else so we can let them of with the hard sell. 

Haven't seen everything regarding this, but if the complaint is that only certain seats are currently available,this isn't a new complaint, I have always wanted all stadium seats available. Being told were to sit because it looks good on TV is annoying. 

11 hours ago, kumnio said:

The stuff on twitter is ridiculous. Do they collectively not understand how any venue sells tickets? Do they want the SFA to open all of Hampden? and only get a few thousand at the game with less than 100 in each section, what a great idea that would be.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61029555

Rachel Corsie is either very stupid, or absolutely blinded by this. She wants equality, fine, no longer do the SFA hand out hundreds of free tickets, or sell them at a tenner.

Im genuinely pissed off that Messi and Mbappe get better treatment at PSG, than I do for playing 5s, its simply unfair.

Either that or they are that delusional that that they think they would get a crowd worthy of opening up the full stadium (or even another stand).

Their tweets just make it look like they think the general public give more a of shit than they actually do. Quoting Nou Camp attendances on the radio is just bonkers - not even comparable. One off game, next Barca womens game will be back to a low crowd. 

The SFA could open the gates for free on Tuesday and it wouldn't overly affect the crowd. That's the cold reality of it. 

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Haven't seen everything regarding this, but if the complaint is that only certain seats are currently available,this isn't a new complaint, I have always wanted all stadium seats available. Being told were to sit because it looks good on TV is annoying. 

Why open every kiosk and every stand when there is hardly anyone sitting there? seems like a waste of money to me

We should have disbanded the ladies team when some of their number decided playing at the Olympics wrapped in a Union Jack was a good thing to do. Someone further up mentioned playing it at Tannadice - I'd go further and play at somewhere that they will get close to filling such as Cliftonhill.

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

The reporting on womens sport in general is ridiculous. Way over represented. Theyseem to feel a great sense of entitlement, and a bizarre beliefthat we are interested to any great extent. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Why open every kiosk and every stand when there is hardly anyone sitting there? seems like a waste of money to me

Total waste of money. But I would prefer to sit in the middle of the South Stand than ground level of the North or the northern corners of the East or West. 

Makes sense to open up like we used to for the women, doesn't mean we have to like it. 

11 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Total waste of money. But I would prefer to sit in the middle of the South Stand than ground level of the North or the northern corners of the East or West. 

Makes sense to open up like we used to for the women, doesn't mean we have to like it. 

It's hardly an inconvenience to us fans to sit somewhere different

Set prices to normal ticket prices, see how many they actually get. 

The vast majority of fans don’t care about u21s, u18s or womens fitba. There’s been games at Tananarive before, I wouldn’t have attended if you paid me. 

7 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

An don't differentiate between the men's and women's teams in their written reports.  They put out the Man City & Everton teams the other day and I couldn't figure out how I didn't know a player for either team.  I (kind of) get why the don't want to just assume that "Everton" means the men's team but how hard is it in their written reports to have "Everton (Men)" and "Everton (Women)" so people know which team they're referring to?!

4 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I agree that when they know it's going to be a decent crowd they should open up the whole stadium for sale at the same time.

They seem to think that it is a clever marketing idea to only open up a few sections at a time making folk think that it's near sell out with limited availability. But anybody with any sense has figured out that ploy by now. Obviously some of the wumminfolk haven't figured it out yet. 😂 Maybe next time? 😉

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

It's hardly an inconvenience to us fans to sit somewhere different

Have to agree to disagree on this, I would much prefer the best viewpoint rather than save the SFA  couple of quid to watch Scotland Costa Rico in a friendly. To me sitting with a poor view is an inconvenience. 

20 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

An don't differentiate between the men's and women's teams in their written reports.  They put out the Man City & Everton teams the other day and I couldn't figure out how I didn't know a player for either team.  I (kind of) get why the don't want to just assume that "Everton" means the men's team but how hard is it in their written reports to have "Everton (Men)" and "Everton (Women)" so people know which team they're referring to?!

Scared shitless that they are accused of sexism by those right on wa. kers. As for that female that is a commentater on match of the day. Impossible to listen to that grating tone.Have to turn the sound down. Funny thing is she is trying so hard to actually sound like.... yes you guessed it a man. 

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Scared shitless that they are accused of sexism by those right on wa. kers. As for that female that is a commentater on match of the day. Impossible to listen to that grating tone.Have to turn the sound down. Funny thing is she is trying so hard to actually sound like.... yes you guessed it a man. 

KAAAANE

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I have to admit, this also gets on my tits 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Have to agree to disagree on this, I would much prefer the best viewpoint rather than save the SFA  couple of quid to watch Scotland Costa Rico in a friendly. To me sitting with a poor view is an inconvenience. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I don't think I've ever attended a match with your attitude 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

19 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Just heard from a very reliable source that the SFA intend using women's internationals as part of the loyalty scheme with regards to points totals for away game tickets.

Due to come into force after world cup campaign ends.

Oooft...that's a shocker 

I notice some of the response from women’s team when challenged on their lack of knowledge on the ticket process was for them to say ... ‘well, it’s not just about the tickets - it’s about all this other stuff where we aren’t getting good enough treatment compare to our clubs and other countries’.  

I’m sorry, but how fvckin stupid are they?  Most of the women’s team play for mega money EPL clubs - Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd, etc.  When they’re comparing to international team facilities I’m guessing that is mainly England. Let’s be honest - I bet our men’s team (who are the ones that actually generate revenue!) don’t get close to the facilities and treatment that EPL clubs or England get. 

The women’s game has had a huge increase in investment and promotion. They’re getting the opportunity to play at Hampden in the interests of equality - when continuing at St.Mirren Park or equivalent was working well and arguably makes more sense - or moving games around the country to further promote the growth agenda if that’s what they believe.  

Bonkers the lot of them.