The Weemin - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Weemin

Toepoke

8 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Pumped up and down….  Some of our defending is comical.

The gulf in quality looks huge. I remember we gave the Spaniards a great game at the last Euros, the teams appear to have gone in opposite directions since 😕

1 minute ago, Toepoke said:

The gulf in quality looks huge. I remember we gave the Spaniards a great game at the last Euros, the teams appear to have gone in opposite directions since 😕

that 4th goal….  Well, I wouldn’t expect defending like that in kids football.

2 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Not as big as the gulf in quality between England and Latvia. Latvia currently down 20 nil yes 20 nil

25 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

I don't follow the women's game intensely but the tram sheet looked very different to the one that did so well to get to the world cup. Lot of unfamiliar names due presumably to retirement and / or injury.  Tough lesson tonight.

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

The girls currently getting a bit of a chasing off Spain in Seville.

Some good news today with Ukraine losing to Hungary which makes a play off spot much closer, but the game will need to be raised considerably if we're going to be able to qualify. 

Think you'l  find the women's game is going down the same route as the mens except the rest of the world it going past us at an even faster rate.

30 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Think you'l  find the women's game is going down the same route as the mens except the rest of the world it going past us at an even faster rate.

That's a fair point, we had a bit of a head start over many countries with the development of the women's game but they appear to be catching up rapidly. 

Most of that Spanish team are now competing in the latter stages of the Champions League with Barca and Real and it shows. I think the would give even England a game and a half.

The women improved at a rapid rate and have now peaked and are heading down, while everyone else is still getting better. No money in domestic game, millions thrown at the English game, I think we know how things will end up. Not sure our much-hyped new manager knows how to set up a team of limited players. 

They were playing the top team in world football but those results should be in the past.  Dont expect a win but disappointed the manager seems to be suggesting it's almost acceptable.  

Scotland is better than that.  They seemed set up to fail and missing key players for no obvious reason.

• 4 months later...
11 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I see the players have gone all Tory MP and copying and pasting the same moan about how the SFA sell tickets, on Twitter. 

Just seen this on SSN. I don't think the players have thought this through. If I'm honest I don't see the point in playing the game at hampden.

They surely can't think there will have been a rush on tickets following an 8-0 battering in the away fixture mid-week in easter holidays?  

I'm taking my wee lass to her first game and think the womens team deserves as much support as possible.  This though seems a weird time to be nailing those colours to the mast. 

On the otherhand how much of an issue would it be to open up another section either side especially as kids are likely to go in larger groups:

Edited by ThistleWhistle

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Just seen this on SSN. I don't think the players have thought this through. If I'm honest I don't see the point in playing the game at hampden.

Should play it at a stadium like Tannadice.  

Are they moaning cos no cunt wants to watch them? Not sure how that's the SFA's fault.  They literally give the tickets away for free. 

1 hour ago, ThistleWhistle said:

They surely can't think there will have been a rush on tickets following an 8-0 battering in the away fixture mid-week in easter holidays?  

I'm taking my wee lass to her first game and think the womens team deserves as much support as possible.  This though seems a weird time to be nailing those colours to the mast. 

On the otherhand how much of an issue would it be to open up another section either side especially as kids are likely to go in larger groups:

Their daft coordinated outbursts makes me even less likely to go and watch them. 

If they want to be treated like pro's, then maybe try and act like them. 

20 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Their daft coordinated outbursts makes me even less likely to go and watch them. 

If they want to be treated like pro's, then maybe try and act like them. 

It'd be interesting to see what sort of crowds they got if they did move the games around.  I don't know about anywhere else but the number of P1-7 girls who play with us took me by surprise - three primary schools and must be 40 girls at my daughter's session with another straight after.

This though seems a bit daft especially after getting skudded off of Spain already.  Just ask them to open two more ends in case there are groups wanting to come rather than not doing it because there's still odd spare tickets still up for grabs given it'll mainly be families in attendance.  

Pressing the nuclear button hasn't done them any favours.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Should play it at a stadium like Tannadice.  

Are they moaning cos no cunt wants to watch them? Not sure how that's the SFA's fault.  They literally give the tickets away for free. 

😲 That's no place for a lady!  

Joking aside, they're annoyed because the SFA has severely restricted the number of seats available at Hampden. 

I can see where they are coming from - if "selling" the women's game is the aim it's counter-productive to restrict potential "customers".  But the question is, are there potential customers?  The women's team are toiling a bit at the moment and even when they were doing well, their ever highest crowd was only about 20k (in fairness, the men's team were struggling to get much more than that not so long ago too).

If the demand isn't there it seems daft to play the game at a large ground like Hampden when it's likely to be less than a third full.

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

😲 That's no place for a lady!  

Joking aside, they're annoyed because the SFA has severely restricted the number of seats available at Hampden. 

I can see where they are coming from - if "selling" the women's game is the aim it's counter-productive to restrict potential "customers".  But the question is, are there potential customers?  The women's team are toiling a bit at the moment and even when they were doing well, their ever highest crowd was only about 20k (in fairness, the men's team were struggling to get much more than that not so long ago too).

If the demand isn't there it seems daft to play the game at a large ground like Hampden when it's likely to be less than a third full.

The SFA haven't restricted anything though? Every time a section sells out, antoher is opened. Same with the mens team. 

In reality not many folk want to go and see Scotland get absolutely scudded at home and that is reflected in ticket sales. 

I think it's a case of the womens team seeing 90k+ at the Nou Camp and thinking they;ll get a huge crowd at Hampden if the SFA open up all the sections. 

In reality the bulk of their crowd is usually made up of young kids, freebies and young families. I know plenty of lassies that go and watch us but wouldn;t watch the ladies if they were on tv nevermind go to a game. 

Perhaps the team should concentrate on the reasons for that rather than only the (less than half full) main stand only being open. 

The SFA only opened up the main stand at Tynecastle for the 21s. Never saw the likes of Welsh, who plays in front of 60k on Twitter moaning, 

Good to see that the SFA have come out with a statement to stand their ground and counter against this infantile, coordinated and unnecessary complaining from the SWNT. 

They clearly didn’t know what they were complaining about in the first place and have made a complete arse of themselves. Even the ‘limited availability’ sections had plenty of seats available in them. Since then, additional sections have become available.  

I assume that they looked at the red sections, assumed that the SFA were restricting ticket sales and attendance to only those parts of the ground and thereby limiting attendance. That would make no sense whatsoever - which is why it obviously wasn’t the case. 

Each player’s Twitter timeline is an amusing and depressing mix of: 

- People pointing out their stupidity and informing them how Hampden sales actually work

- Random jumping on the bandwagon and not understanding any of the detail. 

- Rangers fans jumping on the bandwagon (also not understanding the detail) to have a pop at SFA. 

What an age we live in. 🙄

I have no problem with those who posted on social media - the SFA get plenty wrong and it wouldn't have surprised me to see they were doing something stupid for no reason. They possibly should have clarified first, but sometimes a public narrative has more impact.

What does annoy me is that, as far as I can see, not one of those who complained has corrected the record, apologised or taken down the post. If you want to publically point out the mistakes of others to try and embarrass them, you should really have the wherewithall to realise that if you are wrong it will make you look petty and small not to correct your own mistakes.

5 hours ago, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

I have no problem with those who posted on social media - the SFA get plenty wrong and it wouldn't have surprised me to see they were doing something stupid for no reason. They possibly should have clarified first, but sometimes a public narrative has more impact.

What does annoy me is that, as far as I can see, not one of those who complained has corrected the record, apologised or taken down the post. If you want to publically point out the mistakes of others to try and embarrass them, you should really have the wherewithall to realise that if you are wrong it will make you look petty and small not to correct your own mistakes.

Not one has mentioned either that the main reason for a much lower crowd than say the games at Hampden a few years back is the fact they will more than likely get scudded again. Hopefully not 8-0 this time but last time it should have been double figures.