The Weemin - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Weemin

Toepoke

On 4/9/2019 at 8:02 AM, dan cake said:

Good result obviously but am I correct in thinking it’s Brazil’s 9th defeat in a row!

Virtually all narrow defeats to the top five teams in the world.  2-1, 1-0 to England, 1-0 to Canada, 1-0 to USA etc

I really enjoy watching them play as you can see how much it means to them.  Cuthbert puts her heart and soul into every performance and when she stuck their right back in the stand with 5 minutes to go in a friendly, then stood up to at least three of them giving it the big one, you can see it means loads to them.  Little is a very good player and pretty obviously knows how to play football and the centre back got her head on everything pretty much. 

I hope they have a good tournament as they didn't do themselves justice with the injuries last time.   

• 1 month later...

Like wise, I watched most of their qualifiers. I have fairly enjoyed it and I am looking forward to the WC. The keeper seems to be a lot more solid than Gemma Fay, but the draw looks tough (Japan, England and Argentina). Its disappointing to be drawn with England though, it'll be BBC overdrive and the patronising ''Didn't  plucky Jocko do well'' if we end up with a battling 2/3-1 loss etc, but lets be positive, a fantastic team and Kerr comes across well in the media.

I really hope they get a decent turn out for their friendly in a few weeks at Hampden against Jamaica. We should be very proud of this side. To look at the progress they have made in just 15 years is unbelievable.

A team we can all be proud of and how great is to see a Scottish national team at a major tournament.

Mon the lassies!

Edited by weekevie04

11 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

Like wise, I watched most of their qualifiers. I have fairly enjoyed it and I am looking forward to the WC. The keeper seems to be a lot more solid than Gemma Fay, but the draw looks tough (Japan, England and Argentina). Its disappointing to be drawn with England though, it'll be BBC overdrive and the patronising ''Didn't  plucky Jocko do well'' if we end up with a battling 2/3-1 loss etc,

I can 100% say that they won't say that. That's some chip you have on your shoulder there!

Gutted for Emma Mitchell who has been left out, mainly due to missing a lot of this season through injury.  She did score the winner in the cup at the weekend so was fit enough to be included.

She also missed Euro 2017 through injury.

I think this squad is much stronger than the one that went to the Netherlands, mainly due to key players currently being available.  Cuthbert is superb and could be one of the stars of the competition if we can get out what is a really tough group. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

18,555 at Hampden tonight. 

Won’t be many more than that for the Cyprus game by the look of it. 

They are playing well too, some good football, the men could learn a thing or two 🙈

14 minutes ago, sandyb said:

Great performance apart from a couple of lapses. Some really composed players for us and I thought Weir was dominant, as usual.

Yeah few silly mistakes but good football overall, cracking goal from Cuthbert

34 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Great wee evening oot,  free entry with my SSC card and I blagged a comfy seat in front of the First Minister :ok: 

Hope ye weren't wearing a feck-off great feather in yer Glengarry!

6 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Great wee evening oot,  free entry with my SSC card and I blagged a comfy seat in front of the First Minister :ok: 

It was good to se Elsie Cook, Rose Reilly and the other original Women's team getting caps from the FM last night, a nice touch from the SFA.

Good atmosphere.  Loads of kids.  No steam boats.  No roasters.  Much more family friendly than the mens team.  3 good goals.  Hopefully they make Hampden a regular event.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Elsie is some woman. Don't think she missed a killie game home or away last season!

She is that and she's been banging the drum all season on Facebook trying to get more people to go along.

Great night last night, took my 6 year old to her first game and she loved it.

Only issue, the SFA were going on and on about 20k crowds beforehand, yet the turnstiles were a joke (we got into line at 18:50 and was 19:40 before we took our seats) and seemed to be a very lacking stewards outside to point people in right direction for getting in.

Edited by wanderer

3 hours ago, aaid said:

It was good to se Elsie Cook, Rose Reilly and the other original Women's team getting caps from the FM last night, a nice touch from the SFA.

Aye gave them a big cheer. Unbelievable to think they received sine die bans from the SWFA for having the ambition to play professionally. 

9 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Aye gave them a big cheer. Unbelievable to think they received sine die bans from the SWFA for having the ambition to play professionally. 

There's a documentary about Rose Reilly on BBC ALBA on Sunday at 9pm.  I've seen some promo clips and it looks really good and her story, for those that don't know it, is amazing.   Rose gets all the plaudits - and quite rightly as she was the star - but I don't think the role Elsie played in the inception of Women's football in Scotland has ever been properly recognised.