The Weemin - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Weemin

Toepoke

Switzerland currently destroying Belarus 5 nil in Minsk to reassert their position at the top. Looks like we'll need to beat them then hope Poland do us a favour in the final round of games.

Edit...just checked the rules and the tiebreak in the group is head to head, so we need to beat Switzerland by 2.

Edited by Toepoke

34 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Switzerland currently destroying Belarus 5 nil in Minsk to reassert their position at the top. Looks like we'll need to beat them then hope Poland do us a favour in the final round of games.

Edit...just checked the rules and the tiebreak in the group is head to head, so we need to beat Switzerland by 2.

From what I've seen that is doable but we need to be more clinical in front of goals. 

18 hours ago, Catchart Circle said:

The first three goals were pure comedy https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scotland-complete-dramatic-turnaround-to-secure-memorable-win/?rid=13925

The womens game continues to be good for a laugh

You could of course watch the Champions' League Final and make a cheap comment about make goalkeepers. Anyway, I've sen loads of escaped free kicks go in in the men's game, just like Scotland's first.

• 4 months later...
6 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Respect to the women last night, gave USA a great game.  Wish that Erin Cuthbert was a bloke....

I only seen the last 25 minutes and thought they did really well. I didnt realise they were playing in Paisley or I would have gone along.

They fought for everything  and showed up the mens game with regards to tackles, getting straight back up instead of acting like , well, big lassies 🙂

• 4 months later...
22 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Well played 1-0 win 👍

Watched a good bit of it.....wouldn’t even say it was smash n grab either..... could’ve won more comfortably in the end.

Cuthbert is a cracking wee player, as is Kim Little👌🏼