March 2018 friendly rumour. - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

March 2018 friendly rumour.

The Bunnet

No Manager and no fixtures. And not even an email about renewals for SSC. You’d think given the income the SSC generates we’d have heard something about that. Normally looking for money from the turn of the year. We’ll no doubt get it all at once.

2 hours ago, magoo310-0 said:

Just phoned the sfa to see if any news if we were having a away friendly in march , she said nothing confirmed yet and might not be even one she said.,  I said not giving fans much notice who need to book holidays for march totally disgrace other countries can organise  games months in advance not us total shambles sfa

I thought friendlies were for the benefit of the team, not people planning a holiday ?

4 hours ago, magoo310-0 said:

Just phoned the sfa to see if any news if we were having a away friendly in march , she said nothing confirmed yet and might not be even one she said.,  I said not giving fans much notice who need to book holidays for march totally disgrace other countries can organise  games months in advance not us total shambles sfa

We have had had less than a month to book friendlies in the past.... so not all that tight, and still a slow slither of friendlies being announced for March, with plenty of teams still available.

Also, the SSC are usually the last to know as they only come on board when ticket info is discussed, rather than involved in the primary discussions for a game.

3 hours ago, McToot said:

No Manager and no fixtures. And not even an email about renewals for SSC. You’d think given the income the SSC generates we’d have heard something about that. Normally looking for money from the turn of the year. We’ll no doubt get it all at once.

Think SSC said it will be middle/end of January before renewals start (also I would imagine they are still on Christmas leave (most businesses in Glasgow were shut today, with most back tomorrow or on Monday).

20 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Think SSC said it will be middle/end of January before renewals start (also I would imagine they are still on Christmas leave (most businesses in Glasgow were shut today, with most back tomorrow or on Monday).

Maybe they did say that. Christmas holidays have never been an issue before though. They’re obviously not as desperate for our cash this time. Or perhaps realise they’re flogging a dead horse and waiting for some news to give people a reason to sign up again. Fully expect it all to come at once and cost a fortune 😂💸

2 minutes ago, McToot said:

Maybe they did say that. Christmas holidays have never been an issue before though. They’re obviously not as desperate for our cash this time. Or perhaps realise they’re flogging a dead horse and waiting for some news to give people a reason to sign up again. Fully expect it all to come at once and cost a fortune 😂💸

With Nations League draw and fixtures 3 weeks today, with that, SSC renewals and a March (and possibly June) fixtures also to come along, January could be a ridiculous expensive month for us.....

6 hours ago, McToot said:

Expectation is mid to late January.  Think they want the new website and ticketing system to be bulletproof before they open it up. 

18 hours ago, magoo310-0 said:

Well that's them telt then

16 hours ago, wanderer said:

I couldn't name one business (office) in Glasgow that was shut on the 3rd.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I couldn't name one business (office) in Glasgow that was shut on the 3rd.

Mine was for starters, as was the Mrs and my brothers.... and few of our clients were also (hence boss gave us until Monday off) thought going by the number of "are you open today" calls I have had this morning, looks like most are back now.

Also trying to get my daughter Ipad screen replaced yesterday was proving to be a challenge in Glasgow (without having to go to a Apple store) as the place I normally used was also closed for the day.

On 03/01/2018 at 3:43 PM, magoo310-0 said:

It wouldn't have happened in Marjorie Nimmo's day

On 04/01/2018 at 12:47 PM, wanderer said:

Mine was for starters, as was the Mrs and my brothers.... and few of our clients were also (hence boss gave us until Monday off) thought going by the number of "are you open today" calls I have had this morning, looks like most are back now.

Also trying to get my daughter Ipad screen replaced yesterday was proving to be a challenge in Glasgow (without having to go to a Apple store) as the place I normally used was also closed for the day.

Woah is fucking you.