March 2018 friendly rumour. - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

March 2018 friendly rumour.

The Bunnet

Just now, Ormond said:

Who might that be?

Michaela something. Her and her pal smuggled dope and got the jai over there. One was Scottish and one was Irish. They were both well worth a rattle likes. 

One got oot and will no doubt be in the jungle or big brother hoose. Fuck knows what happened to the other one

1 minute ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Michaela something. Her and her pal smuggled dope and got the jai over there. One was Scottish and one was Irish. They were both well worth a rattle likes. 

One got oot and will no doubt be in the jungle or big brother hoose. Fuck knows what happened to the other one

I remember them. Was that Peru? 

2 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Aye go furrit. I was never a fan of Pokemon but when in Rome eh

I’d bet my mortgage that there’ll be some “look at me” tartan army charity brigade dain a hike up Machu Pichu. :lol:

Edited by Ormond

12 minutes ago, Ormond said:

I’d bet my mortgage that there’ll be some “look at me” tartan army charity brigade dain a hike up Machu Pichu. :lol:

Guaranteed. That and the next time there's an earthquake some radges will be on here wanting donations so they can go over and tidy up

12 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Peru play Denmark in Russia on 16 June. 

When do teams normally need to be in the host country before a tournament. 

I can see Peru thinking we are a decent comparison to Denmark, but I would think a game in Europe would be better for them. 

I'm not sure if there is a deadline but I'd have thought no need to get there more than a few days before unless you want to (depending when your first game is).

24 minutes ago, fringo said:

I'm not sure if there is a deadline but I'd have thought no need to get there more than a few days before unless you want to (depending when your first game is).

Just found this:

""Each team taking part in the final competition shall arrive in the host country 
at least five days before its first match." (section 38)

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/01/87/54/21/1875421_DOWNLOAD.pdf

41 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Peru play Denmark in Russia on 16 June. 

When do teams normally need to be in the host country before a tournament. 

I can see Peru thinking we are a decent comparison to Denmark, but I would think a game in Europe would be better for them. 

Game is being talked about as their "send off" (with this being their first World Cup since 1982, our name is probably coming up a lot down there just now as they recap of things like the 1978 World Cup) but SFA would need to find a second team to make it worthwhile, and this could be the spanner in the works, as we could be heading out to South America to play Peru, while everyone else to flying to Europe (unless Peru are offering good money).

At the moment I am filing this under Iran Away and Bolivia in Boston.

5 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Just found this:

""Each team taking part in the final competition shall arrive in the host country 
at least five days before its first match." (section 38)

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/01/87/54/21/1875421_DOWNLOAD.pdf

England are talking about making Krakow their pre-WC base (with a rumoured game v Ukraine over the border in Lviv) and would imagine a few teams are looking Poland their pre-WC base.

Edited by wanderer

Reports in Peru have had the likes of the Netherlands and Greece linked with the farewell match in June for a number of weeks now, so looks like we are either plan b for their June plans or one of a number of teams linked (and we just happened to be the named teams so far....)

6 hours ago, Ormond said:

The Times has a paywall so can't read the full article but the first couple of paragraphs sound like this thread is the source for the story! 

"According to reports..." "Speculation ..."

Happy New Year to all the lazy sport "journalists" reading this!

Just now, Goozay said:

The Times has a paywall so can't read the full article but the first couple of paragraphs sound like this thread is the source for the story! 

Anything is just paper talk until it’s confirmed, of course. 

9 hours ago, Goozay said:

Same in the sun yesterday (could not find anything in the record) with just a couple of lines at the end of another large Hampden bashing article.....

With the lack of a manager to get a direct quote from just now, and the SFA most likely still on holiday until today, was probably going to be hard to get a response from them.

Just phoned the sfa to see if any news if we were having a away friendly in march , she said nothing confirmed yet and might not be even one she said.,  I said not giving fans much notice who need to book holidays for march totally disgrace other countries can organise  games months in advance not us total shambles sfa