March 2018 friendly rumour. - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

March 2018 friendly rumour.

The Bunnet

Just an add on to what I mentioned earlier. We know Morocco play Malawi on  23rd  March which is a Friday, If we are going to play them as a warm then it would most likely be Tuesday 20 March . Unlikely

If we play them after the Malawi game that only leaves maybe Sun or Monday to play a friendly.

The reason I say that is  I'm sure players have to return to their parent clubs by Wednesday in readiness for the Saturday league game.

Quote from the Sun.

And the Moroccans, managed by Herve Renard, have already pencilled in the fixture at the brand new 45,000-capacity Stade Adrar to help them prepare for their African Cup of Nations qualifier against Malawi.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/11/2017 at 10:20 PM, LewisEDI said:

aye he did by having leighton as number 1 rather than goram :ph34r:

Leighton was one of many donkeys that night.

Irony is that even if we had beaten Morocco, we would have went out with Norway beating Brazil on the same night.

Just now, giblet said:

Irony is that even if we had beaten Morocco, we would have went out with Norway beating Brazil on the same night.

yep, last minute goal i think as well. that would have been the ultimate scotland way of not getting out the group.. 

17 minutes ago, giblet said:

Cracking night out in St. Etienne after the game mind.

Oofft!! Ma heid the next day.

10 minutes ago, Marky said:

Cracking night out in St. Etienne after the game mind.

Oofft!! Ma heid the next day.

I thought the night before was better (and the bit before the game including the March).  Watching the England v Rumania game and them getting beat was a bit tasty. 10K of us in a square with a big screen and pop up bars all around us.

"Scotlands going to Marseille, Englands going to Calais..."  great song.

I found the Moroccans in St Etienne to be pretty aggressive, especially after the game.

29 minutes ago, giblet said:

I thought the night before was better (and the bit before the game including the March).  Watching the England v Rumania game and them getting beat was a bit tasty. 10K of us in a square with a big screen and pop up bars all around us.

"Scotlands going to Marseille, Englands going to Calais..."  great song.

I found the Moroccans in St Etienne to be pretty aggressive, especially after the game.

I watched the England V Romania game in Cannes the night before and drove up to St.Etienne on the day of the game. Naively thinking we could just get a hotel when we arrived!!

Ended up having to stay in some family’s hoose in a wee place called Mont Chamond just outside SE. Guy drove us in for the match so didn’t see much pre-match. Made up for it post match mind in the toon centre. Always remember the locals lining the streets on the march back from the ground, applauding the Scotland support. 

Edited by Marky

17 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

If it's going to be a mini tournament it will be pre-world cup as Morocco are already playing Malawi too

I honestly think the press are just putting one and one together after Malky's comments at the weekend (while he mentioned Uruguay, seemed to only reference Argentina by name dropping Messi) and there will be no mini-tournament, with us going out to Morocco in March to play Morocco on the 27th (last international date) after their Cup of Nations Qualifier, or as Malky hinted at, using a neutral venue to play ?????

Edited by wanderer

• 4 weeks later...