Cheltenham 2018 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cheltenham 2018

Squirrelhumper

Went to Benidorm for it last year and will now be making it an annual event

Outstanding - provided you have a couple of winners so you are not skint by Gold Cup day

On 17/10/2017 at 8:01 PM, Larky Masher said:

Off to Ascot on Saturday, Cheltenham just seems to busy for me.

The Berkshire weather forecast for Saturday is a disgrace - 50mph wind and rain which will take the edge of a proposed fabulous race day at a cracking venue

Sorry mate :(

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:22 PM, Ally Bongo said:

Went to Benidorm for it last year and will now be making it an annual event

Outstanding - provided you have a couple of winners so you are not skint by Gold Cup day

Some of my dad's cousins and their mates do that.

Have done for years.

Wen;t to Ascot to see Frankel years back -  in the cheap seats you are awfy low down - standing on the rail, you feel like you are below the surface, and the grandstands are a fair bit back - not my fav.

Love Cheltenham, and great to watch races from different aspects of the course - like that you can stand at the winning post, and look right down the track. Roared home the great Sprinter Sacre from there a few years ago and was incredible.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

First day of festival tomorrow. Not a serious gambler, day 1 lucky 15:

Couple of winners so far with coo star sivola and beuver d’air. About £120 up, so I’ll probably stop soon. 

Skybet offering a free bet (up to £20) if you lose the first race each day and bet365 offer a free bet on the featured race each day (up to £25) when you place a bet on another race on the same day. 

Yesterday was my best Cheltenham day since about 2008 when I was picking the likes of Kayf Aramis and American Trilogy at huge prices out of nowhere.  I fancy Definitely Red for the Gold Cup today.  Also like the look of Young Huricane in the Fox Hunter and Bouvreill in the Grand Annual.

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Yesterday was my best Cheltenham day since about 2008 when I was picking the likes of Kayf Aramis and American Trilogy at huge prices out of nowhere.  I fancy Definitely Red for the Gold Cup today.  Also like the look of Young Huricane in the Fox Hunter and Bouvreill in the Grand Annual.

I've got Bouvreill in the Grand Annual too. 

Killutagh Vic in the Gold Cup though. I think he's being under rated. Ground won't be an issue either. Might Bite is the most talented horse in the race IMO but in these conditions, the most talented horse isn't always the horse for the course. 

Best of luck FB :ok: 

Flying Tiger in the 2:10 at 11s and Dortmund Park in the 2:50 at 16s are both worth bet

I fancy Definitely Red for the Gold Cup at 10/1

Apples Shakira in the first race should be a given but considering how this week has gone nothing would surprise me