The Two Mikes - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I listen to Talksport quite a lot during the day driving about, and hate it when they’re on.

I presume their squabbling etc. Is supposed to be funny.

To me they just come across as ignorant/ill informed buffoons as I can’t see the humour in it. I always presume I’m missing something rather than them just being utterly dreadful.

10 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I listen to Talksport quite a lot during the day driving about, and hate it when they’re on.

To me they just come across as ignorant/ill informed buffoons as I can’t see the humour in it. I always presume I’m missing something rather than them just being utterly dreadful.

This. 

Bizarrely I've found myself quite liking Jim White but don't tell anyone. I'd be embarrassed if it got out. ?

20 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

It’s a shite station, most of the night are totally ignorant to every league or sport except the EPL. Alan Brazil isn’t the biggest moron of the lot. I heard him going on about Scottish football once, he was so out of touch it was embarrassing,

On 13/10/2017 at 2:46 PM, sbcmfc said:

Im the same, on most of the day in the van, better than normal radio anyway.

I think it is supposed to be funny, totally done on purpose but its just OTT at times.

Alan Brazil in the morning is a bit the same, says a lot of stuff to his guests for a reaction, trying to be funny but really hes just being a twat.

13 hours ago, Kirk said:

Im the same, on most of the day in the van, better than normal radio anyway.

I think it is supposed to be funny, totally done on purpose but its just OTT at times.

Alan Brazil in the morning is a bit the same, says a lot of stuff to his guests for a reaction, trying to be funny but really hes just being a twat.

I disagree about Brazil, he's not on the wind up because he's too thick. His knowledge of football in the country he lives in is bad enough but when I've heard him and he starts talking about scottish football it gets embarrassing 

10 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I disagree about Brazil, he's not on the wind up because he's too thick. His knowledge of football in the country he lives in is bad enough but when I've heard him and he starts talking about scottish football it gets embarrassing 

I don’t mind Alan Brazil, he plays a caricature.

You are right though, he is so out of touch with Scottish football it makes you cringe when he tries to feign an interest.

Hawksby and Jacobs is decent, they have non sports guests on a fair bit and can be quite funny.

On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:11 AM, vanderark14 said:

hes maybe too thick to realise he is being offensive 🙈

aye he's so far removed from Scotland in general its no funny

The 2 mikes are fookin embarrasing ..like kids playground stuff..thank there are no longeron the nightime when i listen to it..usually ok through the night. Colin Murray was excellent but when he left unfortunately replaced by uriah heep otherwise known as Jim Shyte.

On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:27 AM, Flora MaDonald said:

In fairness to Brazil, he moved to England when he about 13 or 14. I see McCoist's on with him on Fridays now.

yeah auppose that could be a factor. Aye I quite like Mccoist on it, usually has some good stories