Next Scotland Manager ? - Page 88 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Scotland Manager ?

McExpat

The manager is out on his ass if he don’t get 3 points v Cyprus.    

I’ve said it before and I’ll say again. 

Get some other kwunt in charge for the play offs!!

The whole group doesn’t matter a jot regarding the play offs.    We could finish bottom and still get that play off  ffs.   There is still time to get another manger in for the play off only.

We WILL have time between November (last game)  and March to do it but it might be better to get someone in now or after Cyprus   

Edited by bonny78

4 hours ago, Chripper said:

It could actually be more than 5.

It could be 7 or 8.

Could be; but I reckon since the game's due to played in June the Belgians are likely to have half an eye on their summer holidays, so they might ease off a bit once they know the game is won.

I like to think positively. :)

2 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Could be; but I reckon since the game's due to played in June the Belgians are likely to have half an eye on their summer holidays, so they might ease off a bit once they know the game is won.

I like to think positively. :)

So are ours... uh-oh! ;)

Might sound funny, but I really do hope it's close to 10:0. If this does happen the fans will be out for blood in a way that's never been seen before from Scotland fans.

The most embarrassing result in my lifetime will be 4 weeks ago tomorrow, and the useless inept fuckers still havent sacked the useless inept fucker.

Im gutted that I bought the home game package, its a complete waste of money now.

10 minutes ago, kumnio said:

The most embarrassing result in my lifetime will be 4 weeks ago tomorrow, and the useless inept fuckers still havent sacked the useless inept fucker.

Im gutted that I bought the home game package, its a complete waste of money now.

wait till the players that pulled out are back.    It wasn't entirely the managers fault for the 1st game.  

if they come back and we're still shite then by all means go nuts.

4 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

wait till the players that pulled out are back.    It wasn't entirely the managers fault for the 1st game.  

if they come back and we're still shite then by all means go nuts.

With all due respect, thats utter diarrhea.

He is a terrible clueless manager with no modern day redeeming features. 

9 minutes ago, kumnio said:

With all due respect, thats utter diarrhea.

He is a terrible clueless manager with no modern day redeeming features. 

got us to the play off and we only lost one slightly difficult away game in the process.   bear in mind scotland are a shite team

2 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

got us to the play off and we only lost one slightly difficult away game in the process.   bear in mind scotland are a shite team

1, Youre at it

or

2, You genuinely think his record is good enough that he deserves to continue.

You back UKIP and chug at the thought of Dickov, option two is possible.

forget the ukip bit just now.

I don't think he's brillaint or that good but just saying I think the players pulling out were to blame for the group games.

We did get the play offs while only losing one tricky away game.. what more do you want from that part of his reign by the way??

Hoping he gets sent packing or put on gardening leave tomorrow. Money talks to the SFA and they know tickets will not shift if he remains in post.

Clarke strongly dislikes the SFA and is highly unlikely to take the job if offered.

If there's a vacancy then I fully expect Scotland Gemmill to be appointed.

#Ecksit

Edited by tartanmartin

2 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Thats not how things work.

You cant cherry pick only the average bits, and miss out all of the bad or terrible bits.

all the bad bits??    all 2 of them you mean?       the Israel one doesn't even matter since we won all the other games.   

Just now, bonny78 said:

all the bad bits??    all 2 of them you mean?       the Israel one doesn't even matter since we won all the other games.   

• Every friendly game apart from Hungary
  • Kazakhstan disaster
  • San Marino shiteshow
  • Israel away collapse
  • Israel home performance
  • Staggering decisions
  • Bizarre tactics
  • Inept interviews

Thats more than 2 bad bits. Its been a disastrous appointment.

4 minutes ago, kumnio said:
  • Every friendly game apart from Hungary  -  don't care bout friendlies
  • Kazakhstan disaster   - covered in my post above
  • San Marino shiteshow -  2-0 win same as all times at that ground.  still without the players that shud play mind.
  • Israel away collapse  -  covered in my point above      won the group
  • Israel home performance    -  won the game so not sure why that's there.
  • Staggering decisions     -  he can wear whatever tie he likes.
  • Bizarre tactics            -   covered as he won the nations group and lost only only to Kazakhstan as above
  • Inept interviews          -    most interviews are guff unless something exciting/ bizzar happend in a match.    "aye it's a game of 2 halfs...etc.."

Thats more than 2 bad bits. Its been a disastrous appointment.

Edited by bonny78

Just now, kumnio said:

Agree, I give up.

If youre serious, then its people like you that are killing our game. Happy clapper, head in the sand, uber denialist. 

lol nice edit.

that fact you did that though proves you also want to be an ostrich and put your head in the sand when presented with facts.

I'll ask you again.   Apart from the Kahazstan game (that I think is partly down to not having the full squad)  what has Eck done wrong in competative games so far??

Head in the sand comment, dont just copy me, this isnt a playground. 

I have listed why he shouldnt continue, add in tartanmartins 4 as well, which all are valid points.

You simply can not cherry pick/ignore things to suit your incredibly weak, almost non existent POV.

3 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Head in the sand comment, dont just copy me, this isnt a playground. 

I have listed why he shouldnt continue, add in tartanmartins 4 as well, which all are valid points.

You simply can not cherry pick/ignore things to suit your incredibly weak, almost non existent POV.

I called you an ostrich which is not copying you 🙂

look I want the kunt outta the job as well but we don't seem to have any one else who wants the job.  we advertised for ages and couldnt get anyone.

I've said I'd like to have an ex player who knows what it's like to play for Scotland reasonably recently.        Daily, Dickof,  Teal,  Pressley kinda player.  They are all the right age to have a go.   Eck is an old bugga.

For one, there is not a job for anyone to be interested in......this hopefully will change by this time tomorrow  Well, Moyes seemed to say he would like it, but most professionals will not want to disrespect a sitting manager, plus when last we had a vacancy the SFA totally screwed up the recruitment process.   

Scotland with a play off spot in the bag is a decent proposition with a campaign with no pressure other than "Don't do what the last guy did", put out a competent team, perform to expectations and if it somehow all fell into place we may grab 2nd place. 

Have to agree with everyone ,bar that UKIP guy who wants to keep McLeish on into the summer.

McLeish has to go NOW, he has no redeeming  features as Scotland manager, he has been a total disaster .

I feel sorry for the players who don't understand his system or tactics ,if he has any?

We actually have some quite decent  players, but  Eck is never going to get the best out of them .

He should have gone a month ago,, what has Ian Maxwell been doing ?

I can't see more than 15000 at the Cyprus game if he is still in charge .  With a new manager  and a Saturday game  the crowd could hit 25000 to 30000.

4 hours ago, p gala ta said:

Have to agree with everyone ,bar that UKIP guy who wants to keep McLeish on into the summer.

McLeish has to go NOW, he has no redeeming  features as Scotland manager, he has been a total disaster .

I feel sorry for the players who don't understand his system or tactics ,if he has any?

We actually have some quite decent  players, but  Eck is never going to get the best out of them .

He should have gone a month ago,, what has Ian Maxwell been doing ?

I can't see more than 15000 at the Cyprus game if he is still in charge .  With a new manager  and a Saturday game  the crowd could hit 25000 to 30000.

happy to go with the majority here and admit i'm wrong.

i do however think the missing players was our problem "on the day" while Eck is our problem "overall"