Next Scotland Manager ? - Page 122 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Scotland Manager ?

McExpat

13 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

So was anyone upset that Clarke got the job and not Scotland Gemmill or David Moyes then ? :spin:

Only Scot Gemmill. 😂

I have seen/heard a few folk saying they are disappointed it wasn’t a big name foreign manager but that’s about it.

I also don’t think Moyes was ever in the frame thankfully. He’ll be desperate for the Celtic job or a job at a mediocre English club. 

Obviously there's no way of knowing how good a manager will be at a new team until the matches start, but I genuinely think this is a positive move and a very good piece of business by the SFA. 

We now have a manager who has a great recent track record of getting the best out of an underprivileged squad, has work alongside some of the best in the business, and actually wants to take on the Scotland job. It's an added bonus that he's Scottish, so will have extra incentive to do well. 

I haven't felt this optimistic about a managerial change since Smith came in. Hopefully he has the same effect! 

On 5/20/2019 at 3:42 PM, bonny78 said:

Yasss.  Am happy with this. 

Virtual pint for you Pete. 

Whatvthc fk? What the fk happened to your unwavering support for Paul D ? I had your full backing. Get to fk you absolute coatturn