Next Scotland Manager ? - Page 121 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Scotland Manager ?

McExpat

19 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Was never expecting him to confirm anything on his next move (today’s a day for the Killie fans after all) but his speech certainly strongly hints he is away.

He is definitely leaving Kilmarnock. That doesn’t necessarily mean he is taking the Scotland job. 

7 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

Will you ever believe lol

I will when it actually happens. 

I don’t actually think it’s not going to happen, I just don’t believe everything I read in the Sun or on this board. 

Steve Clarke is the right man for the job and it looks like it will be him, which I am pleased about. Hopefully gets straight on the phone to Snodgrass and Marshall to get them back in the fold. We also need SCs organisational skills badly. Might use McTominay properly for a start.

In terms of the McInnes chat further back in the thread, he's on 17k a week at Aberdeen. Two sources for this, one who works in the finance team at the club and the other a son of a director. Matched Sunderland's wages for him. An outrageous sum of money for us to be paying any manager.

1 hour ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Steve Clarke is the right man for the job and it looks like it will be him, which I am pleased about. Hopefully gets straight on the phone to Snodgrass and Marshall to get them back in the fold. We also need SCs organisational skills badly. Might use McTominay properly for a start.

In terms of the McInnes chat further back in the thread, he's on 17k a week at Aberdeen. Two sources for this, one who works in the finance team at the club and the other a son of a director. Matched Sunderland's wages for him. An outrageous sum of money for us to be paying any manager.

And get the thumb back in and awe

I always thought Clarke was a quiet and introverted man but his on pitch speech yesterday showed me that he is a very effective communicator with a real sense of humour - not one of these managers who waffles on for ages with the usual soundbites and excuses. I can see why the players bought into his ethos and I'm very excited about this potential appointment. 

18 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Following the End of Season speech at Rugby Park and Alex Dyer's BBC Interview it's beginning to look now like a badly kept secret rather than just paper talk.

It’s no secret that he’s been approached and certain things have been agreed but if he has signed a contract already  then I would expect it to be announced today. Why would they wait?

I won’t believe he’s our new manager until it’s announced. 

5 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

It’s no secret that he’s been approached and certain things have been agreed but if he has signed a contract already  then I would expect it to be announced today. Why would they wait?

I won’t believe he’s our new manager until it’s announced. 

Definant to the end..  You still hoping for a last min Paul Dickov? 

I think he was the best candidate they were realistically looking at.

What he has going for him is that he has been at high profile clubs (Chelsea) and done a noteworthy job as assistant. He's gone to Killie and transformed them with no great spending and that takes tactical nous and good man-management. Also seems to have the respect of the players and seems to have his head screwed on well.

Really delighted with this appointment and believe SC will take us forward to qualification in future. Defence still a problem but he will get us playing as a proper unit and with belief. Our players are much better than they have shown under Eck and i hope and believe SC will be in charge for many years. However, we as fans must get right behind him and squad and support them properly. Next game crucial but management team will need time so don’t expect miracles. Improvement, not miracles. We should be patient and supportive.