Next Scotland Manager ? - Page 118 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Scotland Manager ?

McExpat

5 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Funnily enough i was just having this chat.  Clarke will be on a decent wage and recently signed a new deal in which he will have wanted Killie reimbursed well if he departs.  A departing legacy.  Similarly, McInnes is on £500K a year with Dons and extended that deal last year.  Both will be more expensive than the SFA would have bargained for. 

How much was McLeish on per year as Scotland Manager?   

Strachan was on £500k a year, and I believe Eck was on around £400k a year, but with a £600k bonus if we qualified for Euro 2020.

IIRC O’Neil was offered £600k (which doubles what he was on with Northern Ireland) but turned the job down.

10 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Funnily enough i was just having this chat.  Clarke will be on a decent wage and recently signed a new deal in which he will have wanted Killie reimbursed well if he departs.  A departing legacy.  Similarly, McInnes is on £500K a year with Dons and extended that deal last year.  Both will be more expensive than the SFA would have bargained for. 

How much was McLeish on per year as Scotland Manager?   

Think McInnes is closer to £300k a year (plus bonuses).

1 minute ago, wanderer said:

Think McInnes is closer to £300k a year (plus bonuses).

I believe he was on at least that prior to turning down the Rangers job.  He was offered a considerably more lucrative and longer duration contract to stay with Aberdeen.  I think it's more like £450k pa. 

I was listening to BBC Sportsound a few weeks back, and the panel were convinced that McInnes’ wage was just over £15’000 a week, so that points to £800’000 a year. One of the journalists knew that to be factual, and one of the usual panelist’s said he had heard similar. 

18 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I was listening to BBC Sportsound a few weeks back, and the panel were convinced that McInnes’ wage was just over £15’000 a week, so that points to £800’000 a year. One of the journalists knew that to be factual, and one of the usual panelist’s said he had heard similar. 

No wonder he's not interested in the Scotland job just yet!

31 minutes ago, kumnio said:

There's no way McInnes is on 15k a week. Where did they get that figure from?

41 minutes ago, kumnio said:

One of the guys who do the Hampden Roar podcast quoted the same figure a couple of weeks back. Said he's paid more than any of the playing squad. 

21 minutes ago, stevenmcn said:

One of the guys who do the Hampden Roar podcast quoted the same figure a couple of weeks back. Said he's paid more than any of the playing squad. 

That number would mean he's paid more than a lot of the playing squad combined if true!

On 5/15/2019 at 9:46 PM, wanderer said:

Fletcher all set to get a big job in the youth set up at Man United (Director of performance of something) according to reports earlier this week

An exemplary professional and outstanding role model for any young fitba player. Surely TF there was a job somewhere at the SFA for him? If not then surely TF they could've created one?

35 minutes ago, daviebee said:

An exemplary professional and outstanding role model for any young fitba player. Surely TF there was a job somewhere at the SFA for him? If not then surely TF they could've created one?

We dont need him, we've got Malky Mackay..........🙄🙄🙄

3 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

There's no way McInnes is on 15k a week. Where did they get that figure from?

How do you know?

They had to do something to keep him from leaving for Sunderland or Rangers or whoever. 

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

How do you know?

They had to do something to keep him from leaving for Sunderland or Rangers or whoever. 

Sunderland it was not about wages, it was the playing budget that put him off (Sunderland offered to triple his wages).

He then signed a new Aberdeen not long deal after rejecting Sunderland, and rumours Rangers wanted him to take a pay cut to take over as their manager.

6 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Sunderland it was not about wages, it was the playing budget that put him off (Sunderland offered to triple his wages).

He then signed a new Aberdeen not long deal after rejecting Sunderland, and rumours Rangers wanted him to take a pay cut to take over as their manager.

My point was clubs kept making approaches for McInnes so they had to offer him a decent package to keep him.  

I would imagine Rangers would have offered him at least £500,000 per year so he’ll need to be on more than that if the pay cut rumours are true. 

27 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

My point was clubs kept making approaches for McInnes so they had to offer him a decent package to keep him.  

I would imagine Rangers would have offered him at least £500,000 per year so he’ll need to be on more than that if the pay cut rumours are true. 

I think McInnes is probably on a good bonus payments deal (cups runs, where finish in league, how we do in Europe etc....) but would be really shocked if his basic salary is much higher than £400-450k.

24 minutes ago, wanderer said:

I think McInnes is probably on a good bonus payments deal (cups runs, where finish in league, how we do in Europe etc....) but would be really shocked if his basic salary is much higher than £400-450k.

Maybe. You’ll know better than me if you’re an Aberdeen fan. 

Aye, as a Scotland fan I'm happy that we've got an actual manager.

As a Killie fan I'm gutted. I'm also fucking raging at those cunts at the SFA for leaking this two days before our biggest game in many a year.

Absolutely no reason why this couldn't have waited until next week, he won't be appointed until then anyway. I know it's not come from Clarkes end (he's just responded to the rumours) as knowing some of his family it's like getting blood out a stone trying to get any info. I don't even think he tells them half the team he plays his cards close to his chest.

Good luck to him, if he has half the success he had with Killie, then we'll be off to the Euros.

Going to be an emotional day tomorrow at RP.

What I've heard this morning is that the SFA have leaked this, Clarke has agreed to go but they have no met his compo figure and instead offered what was described as being "insulting" figure to Killie.

I can see Killie playing hardball but them you've a manger in no mans land.

37 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

What I've heard this morning is that the SFA have leaked this, Clarke has agreed to go but they have no met his compo figure and instead offered what was described as being "insulting" figure to Killie.

I can see Killie playing hardball but them you've a manger in no mans land.

Actually looks like it might have been Stephen Taylor who leaked the story.... for a exclusive that appeared at 11pm last night about Clarke getting the job, not even 9am and the Sun already have a interview with Taylor up on the site where he is saying he hopes Clarke is true to his word about a call up.

16 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Actually looks like it might have been Stephen Taylor who leaked the story.... for a exclusive that appeared at 11pm last night about Clarke getting the job, not even 9am and the Sun already have a interview with Taylor up on the site where he is saying he hopes Clarke is true to his word about a call up.

Greg Taylor?

He said that jokingly yesterday at the presser when asked about Clarke being fave for the job.

It was leaked by somebody at the SFA and I know for a fact Killie aren't happy about it and have told the SFA they are not budging on the compo figure which is written into his contract.

Bowie and McLeish on the Killie board are worth over £100m between them through self built businesses. I don't think they are overly bothered about playing hard ball with the clowns at the SFA over the compo.

Edited by Squirrelhumper