Next Scotland Manager ? - Page 99 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Scotland Manager ?

McExpat

11 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Moyes record has been rotten since he left Man U

That doesn’t mean he’s suddenly a terrible manager. He got the best out of mediocre players at Everton and could potentially do the same with us.  

Not that I want him as our manager but I don’t think he would necessarily be a disaster. 

20 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

That doesn’t mean he’s suddenly a terrible manager. He got the best out of mediocre players at Everton and could potentially do the same with us.  

Not that I want him as our manager but I don’t think he would necessarily be a disaster. 

Been a flop for 6 years, we cant afford to hire another living on very past glories. 

I prefer Clarke but would have Moyes................ loads of credibility and no nonsense manager. Man U....his record seems better than his successors, Spain was shite...... agreed and at Sunderland the got sold a pup...... the chairman at Everton said he was a winner..... at a limited club.

Edited by sandyb

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Been a flop for 6 years, we cant afford to hire another living on very past glories. 

Didn't he take over West Ham last season when they were in the bottom 3 and take them up to 13th?

3 hours ago, Marty said:

Moyes is better than gemmill or mckay but he’s on the dole for a reason.

Clarke would create momentum and sell tickets.

I think almost everyone would prefer Clarke to Moyes. Who’s more likely to take the job though?

11 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

I think almost everyone would prefer Clarke to Moyes. Who’s more likely to take the job though?

More a case of who’s likely to be offered the job.  I think Clarke would take it if they wanted him. Deliberately made positive noises and he could easily move back down south to be with family most of the time.

A few commentators saying that compensation for kilmarnock could block it which is just mental when the cheap option loses many time more than that money in ticket sales alone.

4 minutes ago, Marty said:

More a case of who’s likely to be offered the job.  I think Clarke would take it if they wanted him. Deliberately made positive noises and he could easily move back down south to be with family most of the time.

A few commentators saying that compensation for kilmarnock could block it which is just mental when the cheap option loses many time more than that money in ticket sales alone.

Is Clarkes contract not up at end of season? Surely there would be minimal compensation if any

1 hour ago, Marty said:

There’s no way compensation to Kilmarnock will be an issue. Mental indeed.

On 4/18/2019 at 6:13 PM, stevenmcn said:

Only got Killie to 3rd or 4th, is that all 😂😂😂. They were fighting relegation every season before he came in, now they're playing for a place in Europe. Oh and the fact that he's managed at a pretty decent level, and coached and been respected by world class players as Mourinho's assistant at Chelsea.

you have just admitted yourself mediocrity. embarrassing. i support motherwell and stuart mcall got us to europe 3 years running and 2nd once but i wouldnt have wanted him anywhere near Scotland. you obviously think 3rd or 4th in Scotland is good enough. typical tartan army id imagine more interested in the piss up. wheres your pride!!!

Edited by gaz7

9 hours ago, gaz7 said:

you have just admitted yourself mediocrity. embarrassing. i support motherwell and stuart mcall got us to europe 3 years running and 2nd once but i wouldnt have wanted him anywhere near Scotland. you obviously think 3rd or 4th in Scotland is good enough. typical tartan army id imagine more interested in the piss up. wheres your pride!!!

you're an idiot. 

14 hours ago, bonny78 said:

John Collins has said he and Partick Starr would be up for the job

😂😂 I said to my husband, ‘ who is Patrick Starr’ . He said ‘ what are you talking about?

’ I said, a guy on the TAMB says John Collins and Patrick Starr would be up for the job’ . He says, ‘who knows its probably one of his mates’ . 

My daughter pipes up ‘ he’s the star fish from sponge-bob square pants’. 

We just looked at each other. 

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

plus his career is NOT on a downward spiral.

Arguable.

newcastle

chelsea

west ham

liverpool

West brom

reading

villa

Killie

Not exactly going up the divisions with each move, even allowing for the transition from assistant to boss.

1 hour ago, wee-toon-red said:

Arguable.

newcastle

chelsea

west ham

liverpool

West brom

reading

villa

Killie

Not exactly going up the divisions with each move, even allowing for the transition from assistant to boss.

I was looking at Clarke's history the other night and I felt the same initially. However, he is in form and been around success so I stand by him as my first choice.