Next Scotland Manager ? - Page 98 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Scotland Manager ?

McExpat

8 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

Is that really the vibe up there?! Clarke has been managing club sides since 2012 and previous decade served as number two at Newcastle, Chelsea, West Ham and Liverpool so more than enough experience to take a national team job now.

No. I think if we had a vote Clarke would get the nod.

7 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Moyes could do a job for us. He’s gagging for another gig in England though and would leave at the first opportunity. . 

That was my thinking, too. It would be like when McLeish's first stint.

3 hours ago, Discodave581984 said:

Moyes odds on now.

4/7 with SkyBet.

Nothing in the news to suggest anything. They hardly need encouragement to start rumours in the press.

I would wager that a lot of people are taking a punt on Moyes when he was a longer shot compared to any other candidate hence they might just be protecting themselves by slashing odds. But maybe they know something we don't.

2 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Dick Advocaat supposedly interested and would work with a young Scottish coaching team, according to the sun. He's at Utrecht, but is out of contract at the end of the season

Could see him applying. Knows the country very well and has managed loads of international teams in last 20 years. Holland twice, Russia, Belgium and South Korea. Wasn't a huge success.

Did love in that play off in 2003 the whole of Hampden doing the "He's big, he's fat....." chant at 1-0. He got his revenge in the second leg.

Completely forgot he managed Sunderland in 2015 aswell.

Edited by Tartan Chris

Last 24 hours press seem to be plucking foreign names out of a hat, with not a single quote, Sven, Wilmots, Avrim Grant, Advocaat, Magath etc..... (just a "source close to".... ie their agent asking on their behalf most likely)

1 hour ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

Advocaat would be a tremendous appointment, but as the fella above said, we'd probably need to appoint Anton Rogan as his number 2 just to appease the fucktards within our tim contingent.

Yes , because keeping the very few Celtic fans interested in the Scotland national team onside would make all the difference 

28 minutes ago, tattiescone69 said:

Yes , because keeping the very few Celtic fans interested in the Scotland national team onside would make all the difference 

From personal experience, quite a lot of young Celtic fans (under the age of thirty mainly) do support Scotland. Most older supporters don't.

On the other side of the coin, most young Rangers supporters don't support Scotland but many older supporters remain keen Scotland fans.

53 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

From personal experience, quite a lot of young Celtic fans (under the age of thirty mainly) do support Scotland. Most older supporters don't.

On the other side of the coin, most young Rangers supporters don't support Scotland but many older supporters remain keen Scotland fans.

Exactly my experience.

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

Exactly my experience.

Mines as well.  From having drams with the older Celtic guys they were pissed off in their day about the amount of caps (lack of) some great Celtic players got.  But after reading that Jock Stein deliberately told some of his players they were 'injured' then maybe that can go some way to explaining it.  Tommy Gemmell confirmed that a few years back that he was asked/told to withdraw by JS.  I think also the SFA in those days were considered Rangers minded by a lot and from what I remember in those days the Rangers support made up the bulk.  It fecking saddens me the young Rangers support now regarding Scotland.  Scotland Forever.