Next Scotland Manager ? - Page 96 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Scotland Manager ?

McExpat

8 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

A lot of people seem to think McLeish left in the middle of a campaign in his first spell in charge for some reason. I’ve given up correcting people on that one. 

And if McLeish had had a horror show in his first stint I guarantee you the people going on about him walking out or showing disloyalty would have been the same folk on here screaming for his dismissal.

They want to have their cake and eat it.

3 hours ago, macy37 said:

A month has been wasted here. These clowns should have been on this straight away.

Unless they were seriously considering letting McLeish continue?

I would imagine they must have been. Why else would it have taken almost a month to get rid of him?

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

I would imagine they must have been. Why else would it have taken almost a month to get rid of him?

If there was an incident at the San Marino game (as was widely reported) I would imagine there may have been due process to be followed before a parting of ways that cost the SFA sfa.

4 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

I wouldn't be surprised, but as I said before, they probably seen the ticket sales for the home matches and thought "shit, we need to do something".

4 hours ago, hamilton wanderer said:

If there was an incident at the San Marino game (as was widely reported) I would imagine there may have been due process to be followed before a parting of ways that cost the SFA sfa.

I’m not sure being in the Daily Record can really be described as ‘widely reported’ but fair point.

I’m sure they could have wrapped things up in a few days though instead of a few weeks. It could end up costing us if we don’t have a manager in place before the Cyprus game.  

1 hour ago, stevenmcn said:

I wouldn't be surprised, but as I said before, they probably seen the ticket sales for the home matches and thought "shit, we need to do something".

Unless they talk Sir Alex out of retirement or get someone outrageous like Klinsmann or Mourinho then I don’t think appointing a new manager will increase ticket sales significantly. Only good results will do that. 

8 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

Unless Clarke has already been approached, accepted it but asked them not to go public until Killie's season is done?

Perhaps not

No chance.

They wouldn’t have approached anyone until McLeish was gone and I’m sure a good few days of negotiations would be needed between the SFA, Clarke and Killie. There’s also no way that wouldn’t have been leaked. 

No chance.

They wouldn’t have approached anyone until McLeish was gone and I’m sure a good few days of negotiations would be needed between the SFA, Clarke and Killie. There’s also no way that wouldn’t have been leaked. 

I know mate. I was being 0% serious tbh.

2 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Unless they talk Sir Alex out of retirement or get someone outrageous like Klinsmann or Mourinho then I don’t think appointing a new manager will increase ticket sales significantly. Only good results will do that. 

Possibly, but you're got to start somewhere, and a half decent managerial appointment would be better than keeping McLeish in the post.

35 minutes ago, stevenmcn said:

Possibly, but you're got to start somewhere, and a half decent managerial appointment would be better than keeping McLeish in the post.

Fair point. 

If they appoint Paul Dickov then @bonny78 might actually go to Hampden for the first time in his life so they’ll sell at least one more ticket.  

Fair point. 

If they appoint Paul Dickov then @bonny78 might actually go to Hampden for the first time in his life so they’ll sell at least one more ticket.  

the man ticks all the boxes.   cheap,  young, played at a top level,  ex player for national side.       funny name.

what more do you want?

2 hours ago, in5omniac said:

I see Sven's the latest name to be linked to the job.

Just heard about this on Talksport.

He hasn't managed in Europe for a number of years, just like McLeish before his re-appointment. Don't think he has the right character for this job - he is known to be a reserved and laid back. We need someone with a bit more fire and passion. I also think he'd be offski the minute a club in Qatar or China wave their cheque book at him. 

Edited by Saint4805

On 4/24/2019 at 9:50 AM, thplinth said:

And if McLeish had had a horror show in his first stint I guarantee you the people going on about him walking out or showing disloyalty would have been the same folk on here screaming for his dismissal.

They want to have their cake and eat it.

who wouldnt want to eat cake if they had it

17 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

I'll maybe go just because i bought a membership again.....god knows why