Next Scotland Manager ? - Page 91 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Scotland Manager ?

McExpat

19 minutes ago, WeeJohnny said:

... on an upward trajectory

Exactly!

Okay, we didn't qualify, but things were going in the right direction in the last year of Strachan's tenure and we should have kept him in place.

Could he pick up where he left off? Hopefully.

I'd have have no problem with him being reinstated.

On 2/22/2019 at 3:07 PM, GLOSTA said:

I stayed Radisson last time and went straight from  airport and let me check in early 

On 3/1/2019 at 1:43 AM, irnbruman said:

Instead of posting out a 1 pound ticket and then spending lots of time checking emails for travel arrangements and accommodation from us lot..why not make it 100 per cent pick up. Absolutely insane the way they go about things at times.

On 4/3/2019 at 8:52 PM, vanderark14 said:

THIS

Theres far too many serious people on here nowadays. A little light humour isn't hurting anyone

14 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

Exactly!

Okay, we didn't qualify, but things were going in the right direction in the last year of Strachan's tenure and we should have kept him in place.

Could he pick up where he left off? Hopefully.

I'd have have no problem with him being reinstated.

Cheers mate. Expected a huge crappy response against me. 

am hoping the next manager gets to grip with the team and then puts all the effort into the play off.     We know we ain't gonna qualify through the group but if the manager get the arse outta the team ready for this play off all will be forgiven.

25 minutes ago, stevenmcn said:

I think most people's expectations are a manager who hasn't already failed in two qualifying groups and someone capable of beating Lithuania at home.

So let's go for a manager who can turn a shit team in a shit league to slightly better than a shit team the job instead.

We are in a similar mess to the one we were in last time, only difference is we thought that O'Neil would take the job then.

Would love to see  Bilic take  the job. Interestingly  his international management started out like Gemmell's  and if Gemmell did the same as he did and instantly promoted players he knew from the under 21's you never know. Craig Brown followed a similar route knowing what he had when he took the job and taking it from there. The only other manager with any experience of the current players is Strachan.

So for me it's Bilic first because he is a proven international manager who would I think have the respect of the players.

Then Gemmell or Strachan  simply because they know the players and what international football is about.

Most of the others names can't guarantee any respect from the players which puts us right back were w are now.

Too much is made of respect, at least the type that’s not earned on the job, the players will stop listening to any manager if they don’t believe in their vision for the team. 

I’ve no idea who we’ll appointment. Best opening it up and see who applies. Zero faith in the SFA as per usual though. 

11 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

So let's go for a manager who can turn a shit team in a shit league to slightly better than a shit team the job instead.

We are in a similar mess to the one we were in last time, only difference is we thought that O'Neil would take the job then.

Would love to see  Bilic take  the job. Interestingly  his international management started out like Gemmell's  and if Gemmell did the same as he did and instantly promoted players he knew from the under 21's you never know. Craig Brown followed a similar route knowing what he had when he took the job and taking it from there. The only other manager with any experience of the current players is Strachan.

So for me it's Bilic first because he is a proven international manager who would I think have the respect of the players.

Then Gemmell or Strachan  simply because they know the players and what international football is about.

Most of the others names can't guarantee any respect from the players which puts us right back were w are now.

Why is Bilic even mentioned? He is a proud croat, he is not going to manage another international team.  Do we want him anyway?

What would happen if we played Croatia, he would never want to see his country lose.  Could do with a few more like him here in Scotland.

Instead of this irritating unfinished business in eng crap!!

Steve  Clark says today, he might be interested but hasn't heard from the SFA. Why hasn't Ian Maxwell sounded him out , or has he got to wait for the next board meeting in a months time to get his masters permission ,by which time it will be too late .

9 minutes ago, p gala ta said:

Steve  Clark says today, he might be interested but hasn't heard from the SFA. Why hasn't Ian Maxwell sounded him out , or has he got to wait for the next board meeting in a months time to get his masters permission ,by which time it will be too late .

This. And tell him he can keep the Killie job too. Anything to get him to take it. 

Even if it's just to stop Gemmill or Strachan getting it. 

3 hours ago, sandyb said:

Steve Clarke and Darren Fletcher............ fecking please

Agreed.

big danger ia that they go for an ‘interim appointment’ because two big games are coming up soon.

That would be a total con - sit on your hands for a month and then say your in a rush so have to make an easy internal appointment.

Hopefully a foreign coach, ideally Slavan Bilic

Im sick of hearing how we got our fingers burnt with the foreign option previously. Oh aye like messrs Burley, Levein and McLeish 2.0 had us on the cusp of world domination

If it wasn’t for these play offs I’d fully support it if a manager came out bluntly and said the next couple of years will be rebuilding and we may take a few hidings to get where we want to be. Looking back at Berti’s time that’s what he tried to do. He gave out caps in friendlies like smarties but that built a good spine of a team which made up a huge part of the side that just about qualified in 2008

2 hours ago, Marty said:

Agreed.

big danger ia that they go for an ‘interim appointment’ because two big games are coming up soon.

That would be a total con - sit on your hands for a month and then say your in a rush so have to make an easy internal appointment.

Why not have an interim appointment of Clarke two games to see if both parties are compatible.two game where one should be a victory (no disrespect to Cyprus but it is at Hampden) and the other is. Free ticket if he got us the three points at home and a fighting performance in Brussels then we know he is the man. I personally would agree with parklife on this and advertise the post. League's in countries like Holland, Belgium,Portugal are not awash with money even Spain, France and Italy out with the top half dozen clubs there isn't great wealth so there could be hundreds of good managers out there that would jump at the chance of 3or4 hundred grand a year plus bonus and a big shop window. If a manager could get us to a major tournament surely they would be offered a big gig somewhere.

People here are just not learning their lesson.

The SFA selection committee will be lining up a manager whose career is on its way down and with low stock. Their shortlist will be of the ilk of Malky Mackay, Paul Lambert or if we are lucky add Scott Gemmill and David Moyes to the list. Not the sort of names to excite many apart from the coin spenders at the SFA. Dream on for those of you anticipating a far out foreign appointment or sought after manager who is still highly-respected.