Next Scotland Manager ? - Page 89 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Scotland Manager ?

McExpat

15 hours ago, bonny78 said:

We advertised for ages and couldnt get anyone.

Fundamentally, literally and factually untrue.

15 hours ago, bonny78 said:

I've said I'd like to have an ex player who knows what it's like to play for Scotland reasonably recently.        Daily, Dickof,  Teal,  Pressley kinda player.  They are all the right age to have a go.   Eck is an old bugga.

Those four players are simply awful suggestions, your fishing is as bad as your spelling FFS.

14 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Just backed Gemmell at 4s.

That would be both underwhelming and a massive mistake. Possibly going to happen knowing the SFA, although I still think they will bottle the most obvious sacking in years.

Edit, Ive just checked the odds, and the only Scottish names that dont give me the fear are Clarke, McInnes and Ross, the other has been failure listed names are just terrifying. 

Edited by kumnio

4 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

Nope because that was actually the minority   🙂

62% in your country and mine, does not make a minority....  😉

lets leave it there as this is not the thread....

Hopefully Clarke either stays with Kilmarnock or he joins Fulham.

No manager will be able to drastically change Scotland. Yes, a good manager will improve us slightly, but I'm sick and tired of hearing about the short term.

The only thing we should be focusing on is the SFA. If we manage to oust those fat cats at the SFA we'll then be able to see change, or at least, there'll be potential for change. Whilst the same faces are picking up the wages we'll never see true change or hope.

Changing manager will allow them a few more years without scrutiny.

45 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

He'll be at Fulham next season.

So there's a good chance that if Fulham fail to go up so he gets sacked , McLeish mucks up the play offs then Clarke  will be Scotland boss in time for world cup qualifiers?

Only three names I can see getting the job are Gemmell, Moyes or Strachan.

From what I know Moyes he is about as popular with players he has managed as GB are in the Eurovision song contest. I think he would limit our limited resources even further.

Gemmel and Strachan have experience with most of the players. Can't remember what Strachan was like for call offs but we need all our players to turn up and play for the manager. Be as well by letting the current squad put it to a vote.

19 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

So there's a good chance that if Fulham fail to go up so he gets sacked , McLeish mucks up the play offs then Clarke  will be Scotland boss in time for world cup qualifiers?

Only three names I can see getting the job are Gemmell, Moyes or Strachan.

Utterly fucking depressing just reading those three names.

19 hours ago, tartanmartin said:

Hoping he gets sent packing or put on gardening leave tomorrow. Money talks to the SFA and they know tickets will not shift if he remains in post.

Clarke strongly dislikes the SFA and is highly unlikely to take the job if offered.

If there's a vacancy then I fully expect Scotland Gemmill to be appointed.

#Ecksit

I'm led to believe that Clarke is now open to hearing what the SFA have to offer.

I'd still be surprised if anyone other than Gemmill gets appointed at least in the short term.