Next Scotland Manager ? - Page 86 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Scotland Manager ?

McExpat

19 minutes ago, Chripper said:

In fairness, I have read from those individuals and I think my signature was pertinent to the circumstances in this place at the time.

Just ignoring the dude encouraging me to commit suicide, then, eh?

Nothing really to write home about, just short stories, etc. Nothing major, but enough to keep food on the table.

When I get my book published I'll be linking it here, though... maybe. 

And on P&B, I presume?

Edited by Rude Gullit

I haven't read through this entire thread so don't know if this has been suggested - what about Shelly Kerr?

Doing some good work with the women's team and is very professional in her approach and preparation. Perhaps a bit out of the box thinking but you know sooner or later a female will be appointed as manager in the men's game so why shouldn't Scotland be trailblazers here. She certainly strikes me as one of the best candidates for the job. I wonder if she's be interested after the women's world cup.

Any thoughts?

12 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

I haven't read through this entire thread so don't know if this has been suggested - what about Shelly Kerr?

Doing some good work with the women's team and is very professional in her approach and preparation. Perhaps a bit out of the box thinking but you know sooner or later a female will be appointed as manager in the men's game so why shouldn't Scotland be trailblazers here. She certainly strikes me as one of the best candidates for the job. I wonder if she's be interested after the women's world cup.

Any thoughts?

Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with a woman managing the men's team.

If she knows her football, if she's a good organizer and a great motivator I'd have her in today.

37 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with a woman managing the men's team.

If she knows her football, if she's a good organizer and a great motivator I'd have her in today.

Have a word with yourself.

We need a manager who is also an ex player in the men’s game.    We can’t afford big names and even if we could, what big name would want to come to manage us??     Some good managers excel in the transfer window or league football but they are no good obviously.  None of that in International fitbaw.

And recent ex player is the way to go.

Shelley Kerr has already managed a men's team.  And there are other examples of women managing male teams so it wouldn't be as trailblazing as some suggest.  there are very big differences in the approach to both forms of the game though so a successful manager in one may not be as successful in the other.  Take Phil Neville for one example.

2 minutes ago, andyD said:

Care to elaborate as to why that is?

It’s my opinion but it’s something I believe strongly in.    A recent ex player is still young but knows what it’s like to play for this national side.     People like McLeish are dinosaurs and out of touch.

Other option is a foreign manager and ya can fk right aff with that one.

1 hour ago, andyD said:

How is Phil Neville an example? He's only ever managed in Women's football.

he has coached in the men's game (assistant and caretaker).  other examples then are Corinne Diacre, Scott Booth or Shelley Kerr.

it works both ways - a success in one code may not enjoy the same levels in the other.  and vice versa is also true.

3 hours ago, bonny78 said:

Have a word with yourself.

We need a manager who is also an ex player in the men’s game.    We can’t afford big names and even if we could, what big name would want to come to manage us??     Some good managers excel in the transfer window or league football but they are no good obviously.  None of that in International fitbaw.

So, you don't believe the person with the most ability and the best capabilities should get the a job? It's all about gender?

Does it also apply to race?

3 hours ago, bonny78 said:

:blink:

Yes. Look deeply into your genealogy. I'd be absolutely shocked if all you found was Scottish lineage, going back hundreds of years.

We're all from the Homosapien gene pool. If you don't want to be a part of humanity then give Elon Musk a bell and ask his for a ride in his rocket. If not, deal with it. We're all human beings. We're all exactly alike. If you are one of those people who discriminates because of where a person was born then I feel sorry for you.

Misogyny and racism from a UKip supporter, who would've thunk it.

1 hour ago, Chripper said:

:blink:

Yes. Look deeply into your genealogy. I'd be absolutely shocked if all you found was Scottish lineage, going back hundreds of years.

We're all from the Homosapien gene pool. If you don't want to be a part of humanity then give Elon Musk a bell and ask his for a ride in his rocket. If not, deal with it. We're all human beings. We're all exactly alike. If you are one of those people who discriminates because of where a person was born then I feel sorry for you.

Misogyny and racism from a UKip supporter, who would've thunk it.

would we be allowed to have foreign players in the squad?   NO, cause there are rules for international football.    Those rules should apply to international managers too.       Bizzar that they don''t already tbh.   

1 minute ago, bonny78 said:

would we be allowed to have foreign players in the squad?   NO, cause there are rules for international football.    Those rules should apply to international managers too.       Bizzar that they don''t already tbh.   

There are several players that have been born outside of Scotland in our squad. I take it that you want McTominay and Tierney to never be picked again?

Do you also believe that foreigners have no place in Scotland?

4 hours ago, bonny78 said:

this is not racist.  If you look at the reaction when we appointed Berti  Vogts a lot of people were opposed to it because they wanted to remain with a Scottish manager.

Just now, Chripper said:

There are several players that have been born outside of Scotland in our squad. I take it that you want McTominay and Tierney to never be picked again?

Do you also believe that foreigners have no place in Scotland?

not at all.  Just simply want to extend the current player rules to the managers as well.    So Mctominary and Tierney would be fine to be future Scotland managers.  

this is not racist.  If you look at the reaction when we appointed Berti  Vogts a lot of people were opposed to it because they wanted to remain with a Scottish manager.

Then those people are idiots.

The best PERSON should get the job, no matter their gender, nationality or creed.

not at all.  Just simply want to extend the current player rules to the managers as well.    So Mctominary and Tierney would be fine to be future Scotland managers.  

So, what's your definition of a "foreigner"?

Someone who was born outside Scotland? Those two were born outside Scotland.