Next Scotland Manager ? - Page 62 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Scotland Manager ?

McExpat

Big John Yogi Shit For Brains Hughes

Once dropped a Hibs keeper who was playing out of his skin because Sol Bamba was out of form. His words

Signed Paddy Cregg as he seen him as a great prospect and one for the future. Only signed him on a 1year deal....

Stokes and Riordan had scored 40 goals between them the previous season, first game in Europe against Maribor he kept both on the bench

Only last year he was comparing Danny Handling to Russell Latapy

Kevin McBride will be delighted he'll getting a call up though

The more Yogi goes on and on then the sooner Alex McLeish gets announced the better

Please not John Hughes, FFS, that his name is even being associated with the job, be it through him blowing his own trumpet or the media doing it for him (although I suspect this is nothing more than some desperate Journalism)  reeks of utter desperation, I seriously hope the SFA also see it this way, I was wondering though, has anyone considered Steve Clarke doing the Job in parallel to his job at Killie, and a full time assistant with a good level of experience in place to go and look at players they are considering selecting? 

Do you mean this thread ???? I hope that no one is reading it. Some of the comments are just embarrssing. Basically between us we've ruled out and slagged off about 50 potential managers. As if we are in such a great place to be picky. I'm old enough to remember big jock leaving leeds who were then a top team to come and manage us. We're no in that position.

I was gonna, out of mischeviousness, suggest Dalgleish but realised that he simply wouldn't be anywhere near good enough for so many on this site. And well his managerial record. Yeah maybe your right.....(if you want the stats I'll forward).

What happened to all the great banter on here a few years ago. Now it just feels like a medium to slag fellow Scots. 

Surely what we can beat the likes of England with is pride and passion. That is all I want in our manager. Oh yeah and loyalty......that thing that is usually reciprocated. But not in this job. 

1 minute ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Sacked from Falkirk, Hibs, Hartlepool and Raith 

Getting sacked is all part of a managers experience. Big Jock was as good as sacked by Celtic. He probably would have got sacked by Leeds if he hadn't manufactured his move into the Scotland job.

If we are not allowed to appoint a manager who has ever been sacked, it will narrow the options down quite a bit.

5 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Getting sacked is all part of a managers experience. Big Jock was as good as sacked by Celtic. He probably would have got sacked by Leeds if he hadn't manufactured his move into the Scotland job.

If we are not allowed to appoint a manager who has ever been sacked, it will narrow the options down quite a bit.

Big Jock actually achieved something in the game

Appointing mccleish would be an epic fail of an appointment. Expect no less from the complete and utter mess that is the sfa though. It would be a huge step back from strachan. 

They should be at least approaching Lars lagerbeck or slaven bilic. In all honesty Neil Lennons also a far more credible candidate than mccleish. 

2 minutes ago, Scotsdeutsch said:

Appointing mccleish would be an epic fail of an appointment. Expect no less from the complete and utter mess that is the sfa though. It would be a huge step back from strachan. 

They should be at least approaching Lars lagerbeck or slaven bilic. In all honesty Neil Lennons also a far more credible candidate than mccleish. 

How do you know they haven’t approached these people and been told to GTF?