Next Scotland Manager ? - Page 50 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Scotland Manager ?

McExpat

I've stopped going to Scotland games so it shouldn't really bother me but people willing to forget Smith running out from the job the last time just beggars belief. He was a dinosaur years ago when he retired and is the very last person who should be considered. 

1 minute ago, dipped flake said:

I've stopped going to Scotland games so it shouldn't really bother me but people willing to forget Smith running out from the job the last time just beggars belief. He was a dinosaur years ago when he retired and is the very last person who should be considered. 

He shouldn't remotely be considered based on the fact he left mid campaign last time.

1 hour ago, Hobta83 said:

Amazed at the reaction at Smith, I would have him back in a heartbeat, exactly what we need at the moment, his record speaks for itself. Why not have Gemmill working alongside him for a campaign?

Jesus. He's not what we need right now, he's another dinosaur that is out of the game for a reason. And as for having Gemmill working alongside side him, just look at how that worked out for far Sally.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Whaaaaat? Failure to qualify is a positive direction? A draw at home to Lithuania is heading in a positive direction? Blowing a lead in a game we had to win is heading in a positive direction? A CEO who predicts "social unrest" if a team isn't parachuted in to the top division is heading in a positive direction? A CEO who continually talks down our game is heading in a positive direction? 

You've got me baffled as to this positive direction we were heading in with those two failures in senior positions. 

I was being sarcastic.

2 hours ago, macy37 said:

Smith? How embarrassing that he’s a candidate. Probably just them trying to throw an olive branch out to the Huns who have left their country because of the way the “SFA treated them”.

He gets appointed I’m done. 

And posted without any sense of irony whatsoever 

3 minutes ago, bossman4 said:

Really hope the talk of Billic is true. Of the 4 mentioned would be top of the list by a long way.

His punditry during the Euros was class, he seems like the type of football man that John Collins would get on with

Bilic and Collins. I've been saying it for donkeys

9 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

The appointment of Smith would rid the Scitland support of some of its more poisonous element and attract some fair minded Rangers. fans (there are some). Uniting Scottish football whilst filtering out the bile at either extreme.

It's Walter Smith that's in the frame no Sherlock Holmes

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

I never get this logic when folk say this stuff. Would you rather have someone shite who no one else would want? 

Whaaaaat? Failure to qualify is a positive direction? A draw at home to Lithuania is heading in a positive direction? Blowing a lead in a game we had to win is heading in a positive direction? A CEO who predicts "social unrest" if a team isn't parachuted in to the top division is heading in a positive direction? A CEO who continually talks down our game is heading in a positive direction? 

You've got me baffled as to this positive direction we were heading in with those two failures in senior positions. 

I said I would take Clarke but the scenario I mentioned is possible. And no I wouldn't want a shite manager hence my protests when Allardyce, Dickov.and Mackay have been linked with the job.

19 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

The appointment of Smith would rid the Scitland support of some of its more poisonous element and attract some fair minded Rangers. fans (there are some). Uniting Scottish football whilst filtering out the bile at either extreme.

Are you on the wind-up? :lol:

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

Hahaha brilliant 

I should be surprised and shocked to see Smith getting linked but then I remember it’s Scotland. 

Would be another terrible appointment for numerous reasons already mentioned.

11 minutes ago, bossman4 said:

A number of media outlets reporting tonight that Moyes will leave West Ham at the end of the season. Does that bring him back into it?

Not unless he makes it known he'd be interested. Personally, I think he wants to stay in club football, but I'd happily take him.

On 04/02/2018 at 8:05 PM, Mox said:

No he hasn't.

Steve Clarke won Prem Lge twice with Chelsea plus several cups. So yes he has.

And again how do u define Scottish English or whatever? Fact is Allaydyce has two Scottish parents, four Scottish grandparents. So qualified to play for Scotland six times over. Zero English blood in his body (and his siblings could ONLY have played for Scotland). But i wouldnt want him as manager....

18 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Wattie for me please....  great news.

I am with you. So what if he quit before for another club. It was over 10 year ago FFS. Never has been loyalty in football.

2 minutes ago, Doric said:

I am with you. So what if he quit before for another club. It was over 10 year ago FFS. Never has been loyalty in football.

All I care about is results... I don’t think it will be pretty but Walter is best in the business at getting best out of a limited squad.  

5-4-1....  big physical midfield.. sit deep and hit on the break.  

Got to love the media. On Sunday we have the Sunday Mail crying out for progressiveness by way of a Scottish Football Federation. 24 hours later we have Keith Jackson trumpeting an absolute dinosaur for the job.

We honestly deserve all we get as being pilloried as a football laughing stock if we are touting the likes of him and McLeish as serious candidates.

Rangers play Thistle tomorrow, so expect rumours of Alan Archibald to be Scotland manager will be leaked. 

If Rangers win, then there will be no Scotland manager news on Wednesday. If Thistle win, then Stuart McCall will be rumoured to be next Scotland manager. 

By the weekend Ian McCall will be the next.