Next Scotland Manager ? - Page 48 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Scotland Manager ?

McExpat

25 minutes ago, jamboman said:

"Bring back strachan"

"If we cant get strachan back"

"Only one candidate - Gordon Strachan"

Who would have seen this a year ago, when we were all screaming for him to go prior to the slovenia game

Most sensible people want him to stay gone. If, by some chance it became possible to get him back it would just be admitting that failure is acceptable.

13 hours ago, Langtonian said:

Steve Clarke for Scotland manager,why?

On the back of doing a decent job so far at Killie?

Or maybe the fact that he's coached at the highest level as right hand man to one of the world's best managers, but aye, maybe its the Kilmarnock thing.

32 minutes ago, stevenmcn said:

Most sensible people want him to stay gone. If, by some chance it became possible to get him back it would just be admitting that failure is acceptable.

Are you serious?

You do realise that Alex Ferguson failed at Man U before he won?

And Michael O’Neil failed at first also.

Strachan is our Alex Ferguson, our Michael O’Neil. But by hoofing him the way we did we may not be able to get him back.

I would hope that someone at the SFA is making some sort of enquiries into reinstating Strachan and apologising to him and to us.

Well, I can dream at least!

3 hours ago, stevenmcn said:

Or maybe the fact that he's coached at the highest level as right hand man to one of the world's best managers, but aye, maybe its the Kilmarnock thing.

Aye theres no dispute regards him coaching at the highest level but the clamour for him seems to be in the main since he took over a Killie which is a bit strange

1 hour ago, Langtonian said:

Aye theres no dispute regards him coaching at the highest level but the clamour for him seems to be in the main since he took over a Killie which is a bit strange

A lot of people just need managers to be slap bang in their line of sight before they mention them. They're too busy mentioning the likes of Smith, Ferguson and even Strachan to notice there's other guys out there who are capable of doing the job. In Clarke's case he's just now getting any recognition due to the Killie job.

20 hours ago, buckielugger said:

Of course Allardyce is Scottish!

As said already his blood is 100% Scottish. Not his fault his dad moved south for work. And he visits Scotland a lot I've read, its where all his family are.

That said, defo Steve Clarke for me (and he has won 2 Premier Lgs and multiple cups in his managerial career btw)

No he hasn't.

5 hours ago, DizzyVizion said:

Are you serious?

Strachan is our Alex Ferguson, our Michael O’Neil. But by hoofing him the way we did we may not be able to get him back.

I would hope that someone at the SFA is making some sort of enquiries into reinstating Strachan and apologising to him and to us.

So 2 failed campaigns aren't enough for you. Nah, you're right, get him back so that he can continue to make the same mistakes he made for 4 yrs and have us continue to be generally average. I've heard qualifying for tournaments is overrated anyway.

5 hours ago, DizzyVizion said:

Are you serious?

Eh, no thanks mate. 

He’s had his chance. Time to move on. 

9 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Eh, no thanks mate. 

He’s had his chance. Time to move on. 

We weren’t a million miles away from reaching the playoffs under Strachan. Unlucky not to have won against England, and we were the only team to score in Slovenia. It was the Lithuania home game and Slovakia away that ruined it.

Lithuania away we looked a real top international side. It was a great Scotland performance and I’d hate to not see that for a few years because our manager wasn’t capable. We know what’s possible under Strachan and I for one would be willing to gift him one more go at this.

I can’t see a better candidate than him at the moment.

18 hours ago, DizzyVizion said:

Are you serious?

You should be locked up in a padded cell. 

17 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

If it was possible, Smith with Clarke as assistant to take all the  training would be ideal. Walter just needs to do the motivational team talk.

Would Clarke quit Killie to take an assistant role? Or you thinking part time? 

Walter Smith, seriously? The SFA should be looking to the future, not taking us back a decade. 

He hasn’t worked in 7 years, he walked out on Scotland mid campaign and what’s worse is, he was past it when he did that. 

Walter Smith, Gordon Strachan, Alex McLeish, these names being linked or suggested just go to prove that some people shouldn’t be allowed out. 

Fuck it, I want Jock Stein in charge, dig him up and walk him around in a bad comedy style, and he will still gave more about him than McLeish.