Strachan "stay" or "go" vote - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Strachan "stay" or "go" vote

ProudScot

5 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

Strachan is a miles from perfect, in fact made many inept decisions, but what the sfa would have in store as a replacement is potentially much more worrying.... I think.

are people really voting to keep him based on the fact the SFA might appoint someone worse?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

He is highlighting points to counter your viewpoint... cannae take it, resort to v poor sarcasm.

Strachan is a miles from perfect, in fact made many inept decisions, but what the sfa would have in store as a replacement is potentially much more worrying.... I think.

He wasn't countering anything i said. He's attempting to highlight moments in games, rather than looking at the whole picture. If you think that's a good argument... 

Scoring in Slovenia is well and good but we also through that lead away with a very poor performance and failure to defend basic situations. Why would anyone fail to relay the story of the whole match? Which is that we were over run in midfield (due to the manager switching formation just hours before the game) and were outplayed by Slovenia. 

2 minutes ago, hannibal smith said:

are people really voting to keep him based on the fact the SFA might appoint someone worse?

Yeah. Concerning "logic" on display by the happy clappers. 

Just now, teecee- said:

Lithuania at home inept.

Slovakia away inept.

Slovenia away inept.

Two late goals at home concealed the obvious- Strachan is not good enough.

Agreed. His pig-headedness and failure to learn should cost him his job. 

Go.

Chance to get rid with no compensation due.

If he signs a new deal and arses up the start of next campaign he will be binned and it'll cost SFA whatever his contract is worth.

I just don't buy this throw away line loads of folk appear to be spouting, "but there's no one else who can take over that'll do any better" That's both unlikely and also not a reason to accept failure, twice, against the remit he was given.

For what it's worth I like Strachan and I would say on balance he's given us good, bad and mediocre but some of his squad and team selections have me pulling what's left of my hair out, so time for a change IMO.

Go!

He is judged on whether or not we qualified, not six games. We failed to even get a playoff place in two campaigns, one of them for a tournament that nearly half of Europe qualified for.

Whilst I get that we have improved over the last six games, it has come too late after an appalling start to the campaign and his tactics and substitutions in Slovenia were baffling. The genetics deflection tactics were baffling.

And I don't buy this "but there's nobody better" pish, what a weak argument! There are plenty of talented coaches/managers out there who could take this side to a major finals by playing players on form and not persisting by names who are on the books of English clubs.

The side needs tweaking and introduce fresh blood into the squad. Do we seriously trust that Stubborn Strachan will do that?

I am for a change, but I admit who comes after is a worry.  Surely he has learned a few things in 5 years, right?  Euro 2020 seems achievable but we also said that of the last Euro's.  I am for change and it needs to happen now, we have 12 months for the new staff to do their homework and plan with some friendlies but being whipping boys of other teams going to the next tournament like France and Italy is not good prep, might be good money however.  Wasn't it Berti that wanted us playing the world's best?  We know we are way off, I am for keeping the winning mentality and playing teams of similar status and slightly above and for absolute sure I am blooding some young defenders and strikers. 

Go.

1. For me he sets up too negatively, too often (2nd half of the Euro campaign, 1st half of this campaign, as soon as we went 1-0 up in Slovenia). We can't play this way like Eire can, we do best on the front foot.

2. Does he really believe he can succeed? I don't think so, the "we're too small" chat has been used several times

This could be an opportunity to freshen it up but based on a strong foundation and momentum, like when McLeish took over from Smith.

1 minute ago, C Mc said:

Go.

1. For me he sets up too negatively, too often (2nd half of the Euro campaign, 1st half of this campaign, as soon as we went 1-0 up in Slovenia). We can't play this way like Eire can, we do best on the front foot.

2. Does he really believe he can succeed? I don't think so, the "we're too small" chat has been used several times

This could be an opportunity to freshen it up but based on a strong foundation and momentum, like when McLeish took over from Smith.

Cool, SFA and WGS obviously agreed with my post :-)