Rugby Autumn Tests - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rugby Autumn Tests

vanderark14

Hoping the Rugby team give me some cheer after the disaster from the football team

Anyone going to any Autumn tests this year

Barbarians v All Blacks  up first for me at Twickenham. Scotland v Aussies at Murayfield too.

Gutted I can't see us take on the All Blacks but will settle for the Barbarians

16 hours ago, morrie21 said:

Yes bought the two match package to attend the NZ and AUS games. Very much looking forward to both and seeing how Scotland deal with the challenge both of those teams will present us with.  

I'm missing the NZ match as I am at the O2 tennis finals that weekend so I'll make do with the pub or the house with some friends for that one.

yes bought a family season pass this year so will be at all autumn test and both 6 nations game with the kids. looking forward to it. meet a few other mates with their kids so always a good day out and the rugby of late has been entertaining!

1 hour ago, ShedTA said:

yes bought a family season pass this year so will be at all autumn test and both 6 nations game with the kids. looking forward to it. meet a few other mates with their kids so always a good day out and the rugby of late has been entertaining!

that was my original plan but my Mrs is due during the six nations so no six nations for us this year

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:29 PM, vanderark14 said:

that was my original plan but my Mrs is due during the six nations so no six nations for us this year

quite good set up. you get an electronic card for each seat which allows you admission. you can then keep the card for next year and just re-charge by direct debit it if you are happy with your seats.

effectively the family pass is like having debentures without having to pay for the debenture.  the card is transferable just like a ticket if you want to let someone else go.

light years ahead of the sfa...

15 hours ago, McFootSoldier said:

Heading down for the Aussie game.  Anyone know what the west stand fan village is all about ?

Says music and food or similar.  I assume beer will be available ?

Yes, beer also served. Queues look crazy but actually move pretty quickly. 

2 hours ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

Has anyone got their tickets yet? Just a bit worried as I haven’t seen mine for the NZ game yet!

I'd give them a call. They usually send them out a few weeks beforehand from Murrayfield, though so they might be on their way.

43 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Over 60k sold for Samoa game. That's pretty good going.

Is that tickets sold to the punter in the street or all tickets including freebies and comps etc?

Every Scotland game at Murrayfield I get offered free tickets through my work

21 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Is that tickets sold to the punter in the street or all tickets including freebies and comps etc?

Every Scotland game at Murrayfield I get offered free tickets through my work

Well they might be free to you but I guess someone has to pay for them whether it's directly or through sponsorship deals etc. That's the total sales I think. Won't be far off full. :ok:

9 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Well they might be free to you but I guess someone has to pay for them whether it's directly or through sponsorship deals etc. That's the total sales I think. Won't be far off full. :ok:

I've never took them up on it like. Personally if there was a game of rugby in my garden I'd shut the curtains

4 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I've never took them up on it like. Personally if there was a game of rugby in my garden I'd shut the curtains

And yet you took the time to come into the rugby section to tell us that. Desperate look-at-me stuff.