Genetically, we are behind... - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Genetically, we are behind...

thplinth

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Cos black guys can run fast, right? Shite at swimming though. Got big coks anaw. 

Any other racial stereotypes you want to toss out there? FFS :rolleyes: 

Get down off your moral high horse.

I’m sure there’s some science behind these things, be it “genetics” or cultural reasons or some of both?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His comments on this matter should be added to the list of stupid comments he has made over the years.  Ranging from his statement in recent times that his players struggled with simple passing to his castigation of a female journalist that she should stick to child birth he really is an unlikeable guy.

Tries to pass himself off as being smart when in reality he isn`t.

His only defence is that he seems to say these things when he is under pressure.

If he could just stay away from a microphone or ensure that he only speaks from a script prepared  by someone with a degree of basic tact then I could stomach him staying. The players seem to like him.

25 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I thought that might be what he was getting at.

I’d imagine others did too.

So you compound sh1te with more sh1te. 

No one, whether you imagine it or not, thinks that when Strachan opened his trap about genetics considered he was implying that we need more black players playing for us.

Don't waste people's time.

24 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Get down off your moral high horse.

I’m sure there’s some science behind these things, be it “genetics” or cultural reasons or some of both?

No moral high horse. Just illustrating that you're spouting nonsense racial stereotypes. 

5 minutes ago, hauniscots said:

So you compound sh1te with more sh1te. 

No one, whether you imagine it or not, thinks that when Strachan opened his trap about genetics considered he was implying that we need more black players playing for us.

Don't waste people's time.

WTF was he on about then?

I don’t think it’s an unreasonable extrapolation of what he was trying to say.

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

No moral high horse. Just illustrating that you're spouting nonsense racial stereotypes. 

I’m just hypothesising as to WTF he was on about.

To throw in another stereotype, Strachan is a 60 year old from central Scotland, he probably is a bit less enlightened than likes of yourself...

12 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

WTF was he on about then?

I don’t think it’s an unreasonable extrapolation of what he was trying to say.

I’m just hypothesising as to WTF he was on about.

To throw in another stereotype, Strachan is a 60 year old from central Scotland, he probably is a bit less enlightened than likes of yourself...

You're getting closer. 'WTF is he on about' is a phrase I have been using on him for years. It doesn't mean there is some hidden academic philosophy behind his analysis.

It means he is a bumbling old man akin to the annoying odd guy in the group who you wish would stop attempting to be clever with words and just listen. 

He's an embarrassment in front of the camera and it's not comfortable to watch.

28 minutes ago, phart said:

Doping. I took it as a codeword for doping.

Finally an explanation I can understand.

Well fhuck. Let's go! We as a nation know our dope! As soon as we embrace this we will become very good at it. 

I'd blame 300 hundred years of unionism and the consequent bad diet that has caused us to be relatively small way before genetics. Funny how the nordics are all huge in the same climate or worse but ran their own show. What people call Scots now are just a horrible example of what happens when a nation is handed over to folk who want you dead.

Just now, thplinth said:

Finally an explanation I can understand.

Well fhuck. Let's go! We as a nation know our dope! As soon as we embrace this we will become very good at it. 

I'd blame 300 hundred years of unionism and the consequent bad diet that has caused us to be relatively small way before genetics. Funny how the nordics are all huge in the same climate or worse but ran their own show. What people call Scots now are just a horrible example of what happens when a nation is handed over to folk who want you dead.

Possibly more to do with diet and exercise.

10 hours ago, marinello said:

His comments on this matter should be added to the list of stupid comments he has made over the years.  Ranging from his statement in recent times that his players struggled with simple passing to his castigation of a female journalist that she should stick to child birth he really is an unlikeable guy.

Tries to pass himself off as being smart when in reality he isn`t.

His only defence is that he seems to say these things when he is under pressure.

If he could just stay away from a microphone or ensure that he only speaks from a script prepared  by someone with a degree of basic tact then I could stomach him staying. The players seem to like him.

He’s a teeny weeny Donald Trump.

12 minutes ago, fringo said:

Possibly more to do with diet and exercise.

D'ya think? I cant remember where I read it but Scotland is genetically very diverse. What we are seeing is a nation very deliberately being left to rot on the vine. Fhuck all to do with genetics you stupid wee gobshite.

2 minutes ago, thplinth said:

D'ya think? I cant remember where I read it but Scotland is genetically very diverse. What we are seeing is a nation very deliberately being left to rot on the vine. Fhuck all to do with genetics you stupid wee gobshite.

:o

6 minutes ago, thplinth said:

3 minutes ago, fringo said:

:o

:lol: shit.

I hope you can see that last bit was as at Mr Strachan and not you the most excellent fringo. 

We lost Armstrong and he didn't replace him with an energetic midfielder. We sat back, like we did in the first three games of the campaign.

We should have pressed them like we have been doing. Instead we just sat deep, handed over possession to a technically superior team and paid the price.

Nothing to do with genetics. Everyone toad him but he just wouldn't listen.

2 minutes ago, Bobster said:

We lost Armstrong and he didn't replace him with an energetic midfielder. We sat back, like we did in the first three games of the campaign.

We should have pressed them like we have been doing. Instead we just sat deep, handed over possession to a technically superior team and paid the price.

Nothing to do with genetics. Everyone toad him but he just wouldn't listen.

You are taking the pi*s now aren't you ? :lol: