European Nations League - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

European Nations League

EddardStark

4 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

That's the fixtures, i meant the dates i.e will the 3 team group just be played September and October or will they drag it out.

October game at home would do me this year to come back for.

2 minutes ago, captain said:

Fancied Tirana but looks like Albania play in Shkoder; an hour's drive from Podgorica over the Montenegro border which will be easier to get to potentially

More likely to be Elbasan, I'm afraid, which is about an hour south of Tirana.

3 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Is the new national stadium in Tirana not due to be reopened this year? We could be the first team to play in it, Mibbees?

Was down there in November - still at the early stages of construction at that point, so ultimately it will depend on the date of the fixture.

1 minute ago, kumnio said:

I’d be very surprised if anyone who wanted a ticket for these games didn’t get one. 

I dunno? I think these could be our only 2 competitive away games in a period of almost one and a half years. Unless I've misunderstood something? A lot of folk don't do friendlies.

Albania & Israel were in same WC group and finished 3rd & 4th to Spain & Italy, so not much to learn there: no surprises.

Albania qualified for the last Euros of course, 2nd to Portugal, ahead of Denmark, Serbia & Armenia.   Then finished their group ahead of Romania.   Away wins seem their speciality!   Israel did nearly as well as us.