European Nations League - Page 13 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

European Nations League

EddardStark

So UEFA are persisting with this Week of Football mince? Monday and Tuesday nights, for goodness sake.

I wouldn't in any way disagree with the criticisms of Israel the state and their treatment of Palestinians, but I've been to Sco v Israel fixtures at U21 and women's level and you can be sure that there'll be loads of pro-Pal protestors at the Israel home game. And an unpleasant bunch they are, however correct in their general views. Get there early as there will be full searches.

17 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

It only guarantees games at the national stadium.

You can see now why they are thinking of introducing home points.

Ah yes, of course. And I’m sure this will be very clear once they confirm the package for 17/18 

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'm the opposite - I think they are two cracking away trips.

I totally agree. Israel will be fantastic. There's more of interest in a small area than anywhere else I've travelled to. You can realistically visit the Pyramids, Dead Sea and Petra in a few days. 

Great weather and food as well and it's somewhere we've never played. 

Goodluck getting back through the airport if you make a day trip to Petra though! It took me hours to get through security. 

6 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

I totally agree. Israel will be fantastic. There's more of interest in a small area than anywhere else I've travelled to. You can realistically visit the Pyramids, Dead Sea and Petra in a few days. 

Great weather and food as well and it's somewhere we've never played. 

Goodluck getting back through the airport if you make a day trip to Petra though! It took me hours to get through security. 

Played a WC qualifier there in 1981 - won 1-0 (Kenny Dalglish).

6 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'm the opposite - I think they are two cracking away trips.

Apart from the politics Israel does look like it would be nice to visit to be fair. I'm also probs just playing it down as it'll be another quiet year for me haha. 

6 minutes ago, McDange said:

Had a scan and started planning for Albania. BA doubled their price in less than 2 hours. 

Hardly surprising as there are only 4 flights a week from Gatwick to Tirana. There will have been a massive surge in demand this evening for the flight on Thursday 15th. With around 120 seats available, it stands to reason that a fair few will have booked tonight. The sudden reduction in the available capacity explains the inverse effect on the price.