European Nations League - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

European Nations League

EddardStark

4 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

If you win the nations league do you still then go into the normal qualifying groups but play those scheduled matches in the group as friendlies? Similar to what France done in the euro 2016 qualifiers

Looks like they still need to qualify, going by pot 1 I was just looking at...

http://www.footballseeding.com/international-tournaments/euro-2020/

16 hours ago, slasher said:

Really? I've heard it's not so bad. Maybe one to leave the kilt in a bag but I've heard security is generally ok unless you have a range of Arabic stamps in your passport. I fancy it anyway from a trip perspective, from a football point of view we could maybe do better?

I've been to Israel a few times and never had any problems at the airport, it's interesting place to visit but there are some issues.

16 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

If you win the nations league do you still then go into the normal qualifying groups but play those scheduled matches in the group as friendlies? Similar to what France done in the euro 2016 qualifiers

Nae need to worry about that yet. We can't win it until 2023.;)

14 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I didn’t have any hassle getting in, but coming home I was classed as high risk because I had a few Turkish stamps in my passport, was quizzed and searched a few times. Annoying, but not anything more than that. 

I was going to mention Turkey.

I've Turkish stamps in mine too. Shouldn't be an issue.

31 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

If we won our section, we go into a play off, but it’s played after the Euro qualification is complete, so it would be our 2nd chance.

Surely to God given the Monday and Tuesday night scheduling they have to think about playing these games in Edinburgh or Aberdeen to get a crowd close to capacity and an atmosphere for the players. Hearts are likely to lay a new hybrid pitch (similar to the one at Murrayfield) this summer so I'd like to see one of the games played at Tynecastle.

The fixture dates for our UEFA Nations League campaign:   Scotland V Albania Monday 10 SEPTEMBER 2018, 7.45PM  Israel V SCOTLAND Thursday 11 October 2018, 7.45PM  Albania V SCOTLAND Saturday 17 November 2018, 7.45PM  SCOTLAND V Israel Tuesday 20 NOVEMBER 2018, 7.45PM

14 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Surely to God given the Monday and Tuesday night scheduling they have to think about playing these games in Edinburgh or Aberdeen to get a crowd close to capacity and an atmosphere for the players. Hearts are likely to lay a new hybrid pitch (similar to the one at Murrayfield) this summer so I'd like to see one of the games played at Tynecastle.

The fixture dates for our UEFA Nations League campaign:   Scotland V Albania Monday 10 SEPTEMBER 2018, 7.45PM  Israel V SCOTLAND Thursday 11 October 2018, 7.45PM  Albania V SCOTLAND Saturday 17 November 2018, 7.45PM  SCOTLAND V Israel Tuesday 20 NOVEMBER 2018, 7.45PM

SSC membership guarantees a home ticket for competitive games so it’ll be Hampden