European Nations League - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

European Nations League

EddardStark

16 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Scotland, Israel and Albania is my wish list 

Three teams in our group is plenty. We've got enough away trips to organise this year already as it is 

Has happened!

That's quite a tricky group, Albania and Israel are 3rd/4th standard teams in a six team group.

Albania also qualified for the last euros and were competitive in the world cup group which had Spain and Italy in it.

I'd say they're favourites for 1st. I presume you get nothing for finishing second?

Edited by Tartan Chris

28 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I was in Israel last year, I didn’t get a stamp in my passport. They have self service stamps that you can use if you want one. 

Where were you and what did you make of it? I see our games are likely to be in Haifa or Jerusalem 😁

Just now, slasher said:

Where were you and what did you make of it? I see our games are likely to be in Haifa or Jerusalem 😁

It was a nice place to visit, so much to see and do, but I said I wouldn’t be rushing back.

Spent a week visiting the usual stuff, Dead Sea, Tel Aviv, Jerusalem and Haifa. From a fitba fans point of view, Haifa will be much better than Jerusalem. 

2 minutes ago, kumnio said:

It was a nice place to visit, so much to see and do, but I said I wouldn’t be rushing back.

Spent a week visiting the usual stuff, Dead Sea, Tel Aviv, Jerusalem and Haifa. From a fitba fans point of view, Haifa will be much better than Jerusalem. 

What's better about Haifa? How did you get there? Sorry to ask so many q's but I'm intrigued by the possibility of doing this one.

2 minutes ago, slasher said:

What's better about Haifa? How did you get there? Sorry to ask so many q's but I'm intrigued by the possibility of doing this one.

No prob, I did a tour starting in Tel Aviv, so once I paid my money, they organised everything for me. 

They do have a good rail network, once you land in Tel Aviv, you could get to either city very easily from the airport train station. 

If you want to sit in the bar and enjoy a few drinks before the game, Jerusalem would be the poorer choice, the coastal cities of Tel Aviv and Haifa were much more laid back and relaxed and had a better atmosphere IMO. Tel Aviv is a great place, Jerusalem not so much. 

1 minute ago, Brummie Hibs said:

How are UEFA announcing the fixture dates? Is there another 'ceremony' live on TV, or will they just be tweeted/on website?

No ceremony, this is where all the uefa officials and fa officials from each country go into seperate areas to discuss any especially wanted dates and any conflicts.  All fed into the fixture computer about an hour later.  Then just put on website, but all media is informed at same time, so website, twitter, sfa all will show same time