How bad are Bannan and Mcarthur? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

How bad are Bannan and Mcarthur?

deso1

3 minutes ago, GaryWood34 said:

Bannan was our best player tonight.

McArthur tried. Tried hard. Wasn't great but battled. Out on his feet.

Have to remember neither was going to start but injured players forced our hand.

Out on his feet? Wtf? Professional sportsman...

3 minutes ago, GaryWood34 said:

Bannan was our best player tonight.

McArthur tried. Tried hard. Wasn't great but battled. Out on his feet.

Have to remember neither was going to start but injured players forced our hand.

Best player? total nonsense.......he's like our old quarterback Charlie adam.....cant play a simple pass.........and definitely not an intricate1.

Trying hard.......wow........sorry that's amazing.

1 minute ago, deso1 said:

Best player? total nonsense.......he's like our old quarterback Charlie adam.....cant play a simple pass.........and definitely not an intricate1.

Trying hard.......wow........sorry that's amazing.

You can only ask they give their best... i though most of the team did, aside from Phillips.

3 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Bannan had a good game. McArthur set up the first goal. 

See shit like saying “he set up the first goal” what is all that about?

My mate birdied the 17th on the Old Course once. He is shit, plays off 19. 

Edited by macy37

28 minutes ago, macy37 said:

I might try and pass that off as my own tomorrow!

:lol:

Belter of a line.

1 hour ago, deso1 said:

that's like saying burley and levien were decent managers, or chris ilewemu or whatever hes called was a good striker..............cos they did their best.

Why is Phillips the scapegoat then? did he not give his best?

Everything's relative.... iwelumo is a good striker compared to me, but nit compared to Ronaldo.  McArthur and bannan are decent midfielders compared to other Scottish midfielders... not to those that might grace a team that qualifies with ease such as Germany.

2 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Everything's relative.... iwelumo is a good striker compared to me, but nit compared to Ronaldo.  McArthur and bannan are decent midfielders compared to other Scottish midfielders... not to those that might grace a team that qualifies with ease such as Germany.

Compared to boyd at the time? Compared to mcginn/McGregor now?

Ah, you are asking a different question.  The question you are really asking is should McArthur and bannan have been picked ahead of McGinn and mcgregor... hindsight is a wonderful thing.  I might have been tempted to start McGinn tonight instead of bannan and potentially have stuck on mcgregor later.  I understand why strachan didn't though.

No Im asking how bad they are......... No way should mcarthur be near the national side.....slow and unfit/overweight or sth.

Bannan has never had the physique to play international football, or the ability to play the passes he tries.

Personally I havnt seen enough of mcginn or McGregor to compare them............I JUST KNOW THOSE 2 ARE SH1T.

Thought McArthur was really poor tonight. Over the past two games I've felt the whole team were holding back from tackling. 

McGregor probably should have started in place of an injured Morrison. 

I still think both Bannan and McArthur can contribute in the next campaign but neither are going to be starters. 

3 minutes ago, Manno said:

Thought McArthur was really poor tonight. Over the past two games I've felt the whole team were holding back from tackling. 

McGregor probably should have started in place of an injured Morrison. 

I still think both Bannan and McArthur can contribute in the next campaign but neither are going to be starters. 

I agree with your last point...........we could always use more folk selling pies cos we are even slow at that.

43 minutes ago, deso1 said:

Compared to boyd at the time? Compared to mcginn/McGregor now?

McArthur has played in a higher standard of league with better players and against better players for years. McGinn plays in an average league having previously played in a very poor standard league. McGreggor plays for a good team but is mainly a sub. 

On what basis are either better than McArthur.

If McGinn was so good a team would have paid 2 million for him in the summer. Can you explain why no scout or manager felt he was good enough to pay such a small few for if he is better than McArthur or as good as many on here make out?

2 hours ago, macy37 said:

???.  Was thinking along the same lines. One assist doesn't mean he had a great game.