Jump to content
GaryWood34

Phillips

Recommended Posts

Played like he had a point to prove and good to see him tracking back at times. Decent pace with some nice touches, held the ball up to bring others into play. Hopefully the goal will give him the confidence; you could see how much it meant to him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

He’ll be in the squad if fit but he won’t be playing up front if Griffiths is fit and playing. 

Good on him for a good showing and Goal tonight but he's never a lone striker. Him roving as a no 10 with Griffiths as no 9 tho... Phwoar!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love to be proved wrong when it's for the benefit of the team! Well done Philips and glad he got on the score sheet.

More competition for places let's welcome it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t think he was brilliant.

Took his chance well enough for the goal, but otherwise a 6, maybe 7 out of 10 performance, which while an improvement on his usual lethargic 3 or 4 out of 10, wasn’t enough to convince me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His best performance for Scotland and he was still pretty poor. A 6/10, if we're being generous. 

A terrible excuse for a footballer. File him with Matt Ritchie and let's forget about him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Parklife said:

His best performance for Scotland and he was still pretty poor. A 6/10, if we're being generous. 

A terrible excuse for a footballer. File him with Matt Ritchie and let's forget about him. 

Thats a bit harsh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Windae cleaner said:

Thats a bit harsh

A bit harsh is a glowing accolade from Parkie.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He chased down a lot of lost causes and won the ball back a few times, mainly forcing a throw in. However, when he did get the break of the ball there was not a Scots player within 15m of the penalty box to pass to. I'll have him leading the line well before Martin (Martyn).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Rude Gullit said:

Good on him for a good showing and Goal tonight but he's never a lone striker. Him roving as a no 10 with Griffiths as no 9 tho... Phwoar!

 

Steady FFS!  He's no' suddenly metamorphosed into Zidane.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

I didn’t think he was brilliant.

Took his chance well enough for the goal, but otherwise a 6, maybe 7 out of 10 performance, which while an improvement on his usual lethargic 3 or 4 out of 10, wasn’t enough to convince me.

Sums it up better.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

His best performance for Scotland and he was still pretty poor. A 6/10, if we're being generous. 

A terrible excuse for a footballer. File him with Matt Ritchie and let's forget about him. 

Sums it up perfectly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, supersub said:

Played like he had a point to prove and good to see him tracking back at times. Decent pace with some nice touches, held the ball up to bring others into play. Hopefully the goal will give him the confidence; you could see how much it meant to him

That was the most disappointing thing about Friday a few of our older fringe players were given a chance to prove a point and they didn't appear to even try to.

Matt Ritchie has been one of the best club Scottish footballers about over the last few years, but even I can't defend him any more. For whatever reason, he can't  adapt to international football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/03/2018 at 5:33 PM, ceudmilefailte said:

That was the most disappointing thing about Friday a few of our older fringe players were given a chance to prove a point and they didn't appear to even try to.

Matt Ritchie has been one of the best club Scottish footballers about over the last few years, but even I can't defend him any more. For whatever reason, he can't  adapt to international football.

Would you say the same about Cairney? He's had a couple of chances now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Would you say the same about Cairney? He's had a couple of chances now.

Well I suppose two caps is a couple of chances but I would't give up on him yet. It's more Ritchie, Forrest and Hanley who have had plenty of chances. Personally not totally given up on Hanley but Forrest is in the form of his life, first player on the Celtic team sheet and still doesn't seem capable of doing it for us. Maybe have all the quality under achievers on the bench? they might be good for 20 minutes against tired opposition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/03/2018 at 3:40 PM, Parklife said:

His best performance for Scotland and he was still pretty poor. A 6/10, if we're being generous. 

A terrible excuse for a footballer. File him with Matt Ritchie and let's forget about him. 

Agree with this, he was still pretty dire, lost the ball on a good few occasions. 

Get the Matt's to fuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well whaddya know, he's ending the season on form for West Brom scoring winners and getting man of the match. Decent player in ther somewhere...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×