Phillips - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Phillips

GaryWood34

Played like he had a point to prove and good to see him tracking back at times. Decent pace with some nice touches, held the ball up to bring others into play. Hopefully the goal will give him the confidence; you could see how much it meant to him

2 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

He’ll be in the squad if fit but he won’t be playing up front if Griffiths is fit and playing. 

Good on him for a good showing and Goal tonight but he's never a lone striker. Him roving as a no 10 with Griffiths as no 9 tho... Phwoar!

I didn’t think he was brilliant.

Took his chance well enough for the goal, but otherwise a 6, maybe 7 out of 10 performance, which while an improvement on his usual lethargic 3 or 4 out of 10, wasn’t enough to convince me.

His best performance for Scotland and he was still pretty poor. A 6/10, if we're being generous. 

A terrible excuse for a footballer. File him with Matt Ritchie and let's forget about him. 

15 hours ago, Rude Gullit said:

Good on him for a good showing and Goal tonight but he's never a lone striker. Him roving as a no 10 with Griffiths as no 9 tho... Phwoar!

Steady FFS!  He's no' suddenly metamorphosed into Zidane.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

I didn’t think he was brilliant.

Took his chance well enough for the goal, but otherwise a 6, maybe 7 out of 10 performance, which while an improvement on his usual lethargic 3 or 4 out of 10, wasn’t enough to convince me.

Sums it up better.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

His best performance for Scotland and he was still pretty poor. A 6/10, if we're being generous. 

A terrible excuse for a footballer. File him with Matt Ritchie and let's forget about him. 

Sums it up perfectly.

17 hours ago, supersub said:

Played like he had a point to prove and good to see him tracking back at times. Decent pace with some nice touches, held the ball up to bring others into play. Hopefully the goal will give him the confidence; you could see how much it meant to him

That was the most disappointing thing about Friday a few of our older fringe players were given a chance to prove a point and they didn't appear to even try to.

Matt Ritchie has been one of the best club Scottish footballers about over the last few years, but even I can't defend him any more. For whatever reason, he can't  adapt to international football.

On 28/03/2018 at 5:33 PM, ceudmilefailte said:

That was the most disappointing thing about Friday a few of our older fringe players were given a chance to prove a point and they didn't appear to even try to.

Matt Ritchie has been one of the best club Scottish footballers about over the last few years, but even I can't defend him any more. For whatever reason, he can't  adapt to international football.

Would you say the same about Cairney? He's had a couple of chances now.

2 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Would you say the same about Cairney? He's had a couple of chances now.

Well I suppose two caps is a couple of chances but I would't give up on him yet. It's more Ritchie, Forrest and Hanley who have had plenty of chances. Personally not totally given up on Hanley but Forrest is in the form of his life, first player on the Celtic team sheet and still doesn't seem capable of doing it for us. Maybe have all the quality under achievers on the bench? they might be good for 20 minutes against tired opposition

On 28/03/2018 at 3:40 PM, Parklife said:

Agree with this, he was still pretty dire, lost the ball on a good few occasions. 

Get the Matt's to fuck.

• 5 weeks later...