Sad - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sad

Mee

13 hours ago, kps022000 said:

I am not sad, I had written the campaign off on the tube back from Wembley.

i am more frustrated that haven been given a lifeline and it thrown away through an insipid performance like that. 

We have the nucleus of a good team, we have a decent crop of youth coming through and hopefully a more adaptable manager with put this together. If there is one thing that whomever takes over needs to achieve it is getting Robertson and Tierney both playing of the left.

Spot on. 

Got a crap sleep last night replaying the game in my head over and over. Today it's that horrible empty feeling you get after an unsuccessful campaign. Fortunately it'll lift after a few days and I can focus on Kilmarnock again..........oh shit!!!

12 hours ago, harrystarfish said:

The realisation that now i won't see scotland at a tournament finals in either my 20s or 30s is a killer. 

Aye, I was at school the last time we qualified for a tournament. My kids will be at school before euro 2020 qualification even starts.

:lol:

we weren't that far away, only goal difference. the campaign was alright.

what we do not have however is the real killer touch required, at 1-0 up at HT we had a golden chance. Teams who have the mental toughness required would have kicked on from there.

We had some fortune this campaign but really do seem to lack the luck on crucial occasions all too often, but you make your own luck.

Another look at the England equaliser in stoppage - our fault, the equaliser yesterday our fault.

hope the next euros draw is easier through that late leveller.

10 minutes ago, jockodile said:

we weren't that far away, only goal difference. the campaign was alright.

what we do not have however is the real killer touch required, at 1-0 up at HT we had a golden chance. Teams who have the mental toughness required would have kicked on from there.

We had some fortune this campaign but really do seem to lack the luck on crucial occasions all too often, but you make your own luck.

Another look at the England equaliser in stoppage - our fault, the equaliser yesterday our fault.

hope the next euros draw is easier through that late leveller.

Yeah, I wouldn’t say we’ve had good luck this campaign, just not had the bad luck we’ve had in previous campaign.

A great example is the Slovakia game, in other campaigns they would have got a penalty rather than the 2nd yellow card for the boy. We deserved the late equaliser, that wasn’t luck, we’d have been very unlucky not to have won that game.

Northern Ireland are lucky that Germany did what they’re supposed to and pumped everyone else too.

:lol:

We were unlucky, that we ultimately missed the euros as Germany were dropping points everywhere but against us (amongst other things!)

Winning your home games is a must! Dropping points at home v Lithuania is criminal if you want to qualify. However the second half last night was really poor. To be 1-0 up at half time in a must win game and draw 2-2 against a side who really had nothing to play for, well its our own fault really. 

57 minutes ago, girvanTA said:

Winning your home games is a must! Dropping points at home v Lithuania is criminal if you want to qualify. However the second half last night was really poor. To be 1-0 up at half time in a must win game and draw 2-2 against a side who really had nothing to play for, well its our own fault really. 

In the second half it looked like we'd decided to settle for 1-0 so just sat back and let them come at us, it'd difficult to win a game when you only have 33% of the possession.

6 hours ago, girvanTA said:

But they did have something to play for, to make up to their home crowd for not getting through. I think if we'd got a second then their heads might have gone down but that didn't happen. Is odd to feel so low when we've been on our best unbeaten run for ages.