Sad - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sad

Mee

Feeling sad after today's game, chance to go to a finals gone. Good players at the end of their careers no chance of ever playing in a tourney. 

Chance to experience it with my friends as an adult gone. Just totally gutted.

Just now, fringo said:

I don't see why Gordon should finish either. Keepers have another 4-5 years on most outfield players.

He can stay if he learns to melt the glue which has him stuck to his fecking line

I am not sad, I had written the campaign off on the tube back from Wembley.

i am more frustrated that haven been given a lifeline and it thrown away through an insipid performance like that. 

We have the nucleus of a good team, we have a decent crop of youth coming through and hopefully a more adaptable manager with put this together. If there is one thing that whomever takes over needs to achieve it is getting Robertson and Tierney both playing of the left.

1 hour ago, Mee said:

Feeling sad after today's game, chance to go to a finals gone. Good players at the end of their careers no chance of ever playing in a tourney. 

Chance to experience it with my friends as an adult gone. Just totally gutted.

Whats happneing in your life between now and the next Euros that would stop you going should we make it?

Edited by McExpat

Guest flumax
2 minutes ago, giblet said:

Interesting point from Stuart Cosgrove that he reckons the Tartan Army has aged, think he is right.

Absolutely. 

But I think that because (30+) older folk remember Scotland being in international tournaments. Younger than that think Scotland is a joke. 

1 minute ago, flumax said:

Absolutely. 

But I think that because (30+) older folk remember Scotland being in international tournaments. Younger than that think Scotland is a joke. 

Once upon a time we were gutted we didn't get beyond the first round, now I'd just settle for qualification.

1 hour ago, kps022000 said:

I am not sad, I had written the campaign off on the tube back from Wembley.

i am more frustrated that haven been given a lifeline and it thrown away through an insipid performance like that. 

We have the nucleus of a good team, we have a decent crop of youth coming through and hopefully a more adaptable manager with put this together. If there is one thing that whomever takes over needs to achieve it is getting Robertson and Tierney both playing of the left.

Problem is we've no one really to play on the right, Paterson? Anya? R. Martin? Whittaker?

1 hour ago, aggy32 said:

Damage not done tonight. Home draw v Lithuania was the result that pumped us.

Spot on I thought after london that was it but we turned it round 1st year we have went  unbeaten in about 20 so gutting 

1 hour ago, flumax said:

Absolutely. 

The next generation will be supporting the womens' team...