Wasps Nest - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I live on the top floor of a tenement block and we have a wasps nest up on the roof (or perhaps in the loft space) meaning that we can't open the windows and are constantly finding dead wasps all over the place. I'm struggling to find a pest control company who will be able to deal with it due to the heights involved. I don't suppose anyone has any experience of one who would do such in the Broomhill/Partick area?

Would the council not remove it?

Not sure they would from a privately owned property? It's actually rented and I've leaving it to the landlord to deal with but they're dragging their heels so I want to at least be able to give them a couple of names who can come out.

Inverclyde Council pest control dealt with one in our shared loft. £40 split between all the neighbours. We agreed to deal with it together as we thought they may cause structural problems if they started on the joists. Guy came out and smoke bombed them. He's coming back next week to check it's dead. Environmental health at the council will give you advice.

I live on the top floor of a tenement block and we have a wasps nest up on the roof (or perhaps in the loft space) meaning that we can't open the windows and are constantly finding dead wasps all over the place. I'm struggling to find a pest control company who will be able to deal with it due to the heights involved. I don't suppose anyone has any experience of one who would do such in the Broomhill/Partick area?

I seem to be getting loads coming in and dying off over the last month or so and I'm not far from Broomhill and on the top floor of my terrace building. Wasn't sure if it was just the time of year or whether there was the possibility of a nest. Let me know how you get on. ;)

Inverclyde Council pest control dealt with one in our shared loft. £40 split between all the neighbours. We agreed to deal with it together as we thought they may cause structural problems if they started on the joists. Guy came out and smoke bombed them. He's coming back next week to check it's dead. Environmental health at the council will give you advice.

I seem to be getting loads coming in and dying off over the last month or so and I'm not far from Broomhill and on the top floor of my terrace building. Wasn't sure if it was just the time of year or whether there was the possibility of a nest. Let me know how you get on. ;)

Cheers. I've emailed the council this morning so I'll see if I hear anything back from them. Their website says at the top that wasp season is over and they will not be carrying out any more jobs and then below that says they're in operation from April to October so not quite sure what the deal is!

I've emailed the council this morning so I'll see if I hear anything back from them. Their website says at the top that wasp season is over and they will not be carrying out any more jobs and then below that says they're in operation from April to October so not quite sure what the deal is!

The vast majority of wasps die off around September/October, as only young queens hibernate over the winter, and they never re-use to a nest again once it's been left.

This gives councils a convenient get-out clause around this time of year.

I've been waiting on my council coming to deal with a nest behind one of my facia boards since July, despite calling them repeatedly.

There's pretty much no point in chasing it up any more now, though.

You can get an insecticide from the vets £20 a can. You will need to vacate the house for 24 hours as it's not pet or human friendly. Clingfilm the top of the goldfish bowl. I'll find the name when I get home. But I am pretty convinced that it's why we weren't bothered as much as our neighbours were. We had to use it as our cat had a mite allergy. It lasts for a year.

Have had 2, possibly 3 nests at the back of the house up around the guttering and in the eves.

There have been hundreds of them but havent had an issue and they have minded their own business

Getting to that time of year where they are now of the Wellington Bomber size and getting more and more active and disorientated.

I had a lovely threesome in the shower this morning. It was still dark and they were already busy outside the nest above the bathroom window and they must have been attracted by the bathroom light - 10 minutes later i got them and could go back in the shower

Also have one above the kitchen window and a brave spider (havent seen the size of it yet) had two metre long triplines connected to a big web right underneath the eves. There was a wasp cocooned in silk two nights ago and eaten the next morning. Spider clearly got it and waited till night time when none of the family around to sook it dry.

However last night the web appeared mangled and a bit dead - possibly the wasps got spidey

Anyway after the shower incident my cousin's pal came round with the protective gear and gassed them all this afternoon. Loads of dead wasps on the back path and no more hovering around the guttering

Long story short - i miss them :(