How do we approach tomorrows game? - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

How do we approach tomorrows game?

northernscum

Maybe my imagination but I feel that in "crunch games" / "must win games" Scotland have always tended to adopt the "cagey" approach...and pretty much always failed...

I would really like to see Scotland, for once, just go for it hell for leather so to speak and see what happens...

I take the point about an early goal possibly being counter-productive...but if we were to get 2 early goals think Slovenia would basically chuck it...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what i remember playing them, we had about 10 chances to score, hit the post, hit the bar, the keeper made some decent saves. I would like think a driving runner like macgregor or mcginn, maybe snodgrass for phillips. Griffiths movement gave their defence a tough time with movement.

The keeper will be a big test to get through. 

They will also be tired after the england game.

I am nervous as hell already but lets draw on the positives here.

We go into this game full of adrenalin surely, full of confidence and with momentum on a very good (by our standards) unbeaten run where we havew rescued results from perilous positions. If we do not get the result we want today it cannot be put down to low confidence.

3 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I am nervous as hell already but lets draw on the positives here.

We go into this game full of adrenalin surely, full of confidence and with momentum on a very good (by our standards) unbeaten run where we havew rescued results from perilous positions. If we do not get the result we want today it cannot be put down to low confidence.

A few more positives:

Slovenia are as good as out. Ok so they’ll be playing for pride but they must be sick given the position they were in a few games ago. 

Based on our home game and what I’ve seen against them this campaign I wouldn’t say Slovenia are any better than us. They looked distinctly average at Hampden.

They are missing a couple of key players. 

We know what we need to do. It’s win or bust and we are not relying on any other results to go our way. No nervous ripples from the crowd when some other team scores that we want to lose.

There are also several negatives that I won’t go in to. :lol:

Just now, Texas Pete said:

A few more positives:

Slovenia are as good as out. Ok so they’ll be playing for pride but they must be sick given the position they were in a few games ago. 

Based on our home game and what I’ve seen against them this campaign I wouldn’t say Slovenia are any better than us. They looked distinctly average at Hampden.

They are missing a couple of key players. 

We know what we need to do. It’s win or bust and we are not relying on any other results to go our way. No nervous ripples from the crowd when some other team scores that we want to lose.

There are also several negatives that I won’t go in to. :lol:

Totally agree. The 1-0 win V Slovenia at Hampden flattered them a heck of a lot. Also a fillup in confidence has to be taken from our previous away match - a thumping 3-0 win in Lithuania.

3 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Not really, no. 

You’re entitled to your opinion of course but it’s probably best not to state it as if it’s fact. 

You’re going to look like a prized bellend tonight if we win. Especially if it’s 0–1. 

Here’s hoping...

7 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Not really, no. 

You’re entitled to your opinion of course but it’s probably best not to state it as if it’s fact. 

You’re going to look like a prized bellend tonight if we win. Especially if it’s 0–1. 

You were saying bell end?

As I said I’m here to help.

Delusional khunt.

14 hours ago, macy37 said:

You were saying bell end?

As I said I’m here to help.

Delusional khunt.

congratulations on predicting a negative outcome, I'm not sure why you feel the need to take pleasure over it when we've just ####ed up another campaign. Each to their own but I took no pleasure from thinking we would lose and didn't even contemplate a "told you so" post or message to anyone who disagreed with me.

20 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

congratulations on predicting a negative outcome, I'm not sure why you feel the need to take pleasure over it when we've just ####ed up another campaign. Each to their own but I took no pleasure from thinking we would lose and didn't even contemplate a "told you so" post or message to anyone who disagreed with me.

This is why a lot of people have left to many bellends on the TAMB he made his statement we won’t qualify people on a scotland board don’t want to hear that n then to come back after we’ve been put out n be chuffed with his prediction your right he’s a bellend thank this board is shutting to many on here just want to wind people up or have an arguement