credit - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

credit

gusmac

credit to strachan and the team for taking it to the last game after a terrible start to the campaign. im not his biggest fan but both subs had a big impact and were instrumental for the goal. I've been very pessimistic about our chances......but here we go again. Winning is a great habit.....could we get n. ireland if we make the playoffs?

13 hours ago, gusmac said:

credit to strachan and the team for taking it to the last game after a terrible start to the campaign. im not his biggest fan but both subs had a big impact and were instrumental for the goal. I've been very pessimistic about our chances......but here we go again. Winning is a great habit.....could we get n. ireland if we make the playoffs?

We could get NI in the playoffs if they are seeded (we definitely won’t be). It will depend on who else makes the playoffs and the world ranking of each team that does. 

2 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Knowing our luck we we will get Italy and then we are as good as out.  Fifa will make sure they qualify.

There’s a small chance Italy won’t be seeded depending on who qualifies for the playoffs. 

Three of the teams that look like getting a playoff are already ranked above Italy and I’m pretty sure the rankings will be updated again before the playoff draw. 

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

There’s a small chance Italy won’t be seeded depending on who qualifies for the playoffs. 

Three of the teams that look like getting a playoff are already ranked above Italy and I’m pretty sure the rankings will be updated again before the playoff draw. 

That would be good... wonder which of the seeded teams will be sacrificed ?

I would prefer to get either of the Irish teams then wales in the draw.