Kingsford Stadium - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kingsford Stadium

1 hour ago, SMcoolJ said:

Would the c.£6M in construction fees be partly to blame for the current negative accounts?  Also, it's a course with very few members that I imagine would have been planning to rely heavily on corporate membership and corporate entertainment.  Given the collapse of local industry, there's very little corporate spend in these areas. 

Anyway, we digress.  I completely agree with Lamia and yourself that the arguments in favour of Trump Int supporting local businesses so far on here are anecdotal.  Unfortunately, I don't have the time (or know how) to collect accounts from all benefiting enterprises. I will, however, try and obtain RAGC accounts in order to at least compare RAGC visitor fees pre and post Trump Int. Me successful posting this will be another challenge altogether - you may have to rely on me producing a transcript.

Probably worth pointing out that Trump International has applied for planning to build a second course.  They clearly see some longer term benefit?

Lastly, we shouldn't discount the £000's paid in legal fees to local law firms to get this course built!  (That is a tongue in cheek comment.) 

No idea. The only reason it is still afloat is loans from Parent Company. Who knows what sort of accounting has gone on.

I stated earlier everything is contingent on him not doing fancy accounting for whatever reason.

The problem isn't so much has there been a boost, as what is the value of the boost.

I'm not saying there hasn't been an increase, merely no one has demonstrated that there has been.

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Good news.  Are all fans up for it?  Or is location an issue for some?

Some people don’t want to move, which is understandable given the history, but Saturday was another example of how bad pittodrie is. 

People state location as an issue, but it’s about 8 miles from the city centre with a new bypass just about ready to open running straight past it. 

I would imagine the pub landlords of Stonehaven can’t wait for this all to happen. 

• 11 months later...