Kingsford Stadium - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kingsford Stadium

1 hour ago, Lamia said:

So Kingsford and Trump.

And to be honest thing we were proved right over Trump Int

Proven right in what way?

That it’s a world class golf course?

That people travel from the world over to play there?

That people bring vast sums of money to Aberdeen when they visit?

That people use it as a round when they visit Royal Aberdeen, Cruden Bay, Murcar etc etc instead of stopping at St. Andrews or Carnoustie?

Only Aberdeen folk could be offered a world class establishment (for free) such as what is on offer there and still not want it. 

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

That people use it as a round when they visit Royal Aberdeen, Cruden Bay, Murcar etc etc instead of stopping at St. Andrews or Carnoustie?

Only Aberdeen folk could be offered a world class establishment (for free) such as what is on offer there and still not want it. 

It's just folk Trump bashing, save your bandwidth. There's no reasoning with them

2 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

:rollsmile::rollsmile::rollsmile::rollsmile:

34 minutes ago, Lamia said:

With that response, it just goes to show you have absolutely no idea what you’re complaining about. 

Clearly an idiotic statement by an idiotic person with no idea of the benefits it brings. 

Good to know, run along now and leave the conversation to the adults :ok:

4 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

With that response, it just goes to show you have absolutely no idea what you’re complaining about. 

Clearly an idiotic statement by an idiotic person with no idea of the benefits it brings. 

Good to know, run along now and leave the conversation to the adults :ok:

That response says it all... well done :lol:

16 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

No offence but at least he put up an argument whilst you added lots of emojis.

I didn’t put up an arguement, I put up facts, as a golfer, I know exactly what that course has done to Aberdeen and shires already high reputation in the golfing world. 

7 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I didn’t put up an arguement, I put up facts, as a golfer, I know exactly what that course has done to Aberdeen and shires already high reputation in the golfing world. 

You put up your views with heehaw evidence to support them.

4 minutes ago, Lamia said:

You put up your views with heehaw evidence to support them.

Sorry, I’ll go and round up till receipts from every establishment in the area that has money spent in their premises, once I’m done there, I’ll get the booking records from various golf clubs and compare them for visitors before and after trump was built, shall I?

You on the other hand, put up your view then followed it up with emojis, to me, that shows you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about, other than, “Trump = bad, anything that isn’t trump = good”

I’ll ask straight off then, (again), where has it been proven that trump has been bad for Aberdeen?

Just now, aaid said:

Genuine question - can anyone name a major club that's moved from their traditional town or city location to an out of town one that's actually benefitted from the move?

Don’t know, we’re not building a stadium out of Aberdeen. 

Just now, dandydunn said:

Don’t know, we’re not building a stadium out of Aberdeen. 

Want to try answering the question seriously?  It may still be in the city limits but it's demonstrably not in the city, as if a few hundred yards one way or the other makes a massive difference,  

i can't believe that Aberdeen fans haven't been more vociferous in demanding that Pittodrie is redeveloped.

Theres only one winner here and that's Stewart Milne.  Presumably AFC are going to sell Pittodrie to part finance the deal.  I wonder who might be the preferred bidder here?  Anyone want to take a bet that it's not Stewart Milne Homes?  Who will then presumably build houses or flats on the site, so he'll be profiting from both ends of the deal.

Be careful what you wish for is all I say.

9 minutes ago, aaid said:

Want to try answering the question seriously?  It may still be in the city limits but it's demonstrably not in the city, as if a few hundred yards one way or the other makes a massive difference,  

i can't believe that Aberdeen fans haven't been more vociferous in demanding that Pittodrie is redeveloped.

Theres only one winner here and that's Stewart Milne.  Presumably AFC are going to sell Pittodrie to part finance the deal.  I wonder who might be the preferred bidder here?  Anyone want to take a bet that it's not Stewart Milne Homes?  Who will then presumably build houses or flats on the site, so he'll be profiting from both ends of the deal.

Be careful what you wish for is all I say.

It was a serious answer, sorry you didn’t see it that way. 

Pittodrie cant be redeveloped, there is simply no room to do that, surrounded by houses, that ship has sailed a long time ago. 

Pittodrie is a wreck of a ground now and simply isn’t fit for purpose. 

It isnt just a stadium being built, the training facilities have been required for a long time, these things matter when it comes to signing new players. 

Mcinnes said himself that the first team squad were kicked off of hired training facilities by a girls hockey team as it was double booked at the time, it’s ridiculous in this day and age. 

As for Milne, I would be ready to be corrected as I honestly don’t know, but surely a conflict of interest would ensure that he can’t buy that ground, but even if he does, I don’t care. 

Pittodrie is dead. 

Edited by dandydunn

8 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Ok, so what was proven right then?

Third time of asking. 

The vast majority of things Trump promised haven't materialised (number of jobs, hotel, houses.... the list goes on...) and he has destroyed an SSSI. He has built things without planning permission and bullied his way to this sad end.

Of course as a Trump cheerleader you will come away with some glowing panacea which you believe he has created when in fact he has conned you just like he has conned the US.

On that noteI will leave you to your Trump love-in! :ok:

Just now, Lamia said:

The vast majority of things Trump promised haven't materialised (number of jobs, hotel, houses.... the list goes on...) and he has destroyed an SSSI. He has built things without planning permission and bullied his way to this sad end.

Of course as a Trump cheerleader you will come away with some glowing panacea which you believe he has created when in fact he has conned you just like he has conned the US.

On that noteI will leave you to your Trump love-in! :ok:

53 minutes ago, aaid said:

Genuine question - can anyone name a major club that's moved from their traditional town or city location to an out of town one that's actually benefitted from the move?

The short answer is no. The three recent examples that spring immediately to mind are Espanyol, Lyon and Atletico Madrid, all of whom have had issues with fans complaining about transport to and from the stadium and ultimately diluting the fan going experience. You only have to watch their games and the stadiums are very rarely full which is a direct result of the new stadium locations.

Athletic Bilbao bucked the trend and built right next to the old Mames and they have benefitted by all accounts. Spurs will also benefit from building their new stadium and keeping it in Tottenham.

Out of town stadiums are a dreadful idea, Aberdeen desperately need a new stadium, but the fact the fans haven't put up a fight regarding the location is mad imo.

Edited by Mox

5 minutes ago, Mox said:

Out of town stadiums are a dreadful idea, Aberdeen desperately need a new stadium, but the fact the fans haven't put up a fight regarding the location is mad imo.

I would agree with this - but the time this should have happened is long gone :(

1 hour ago, aaid said:

St. Johnstone. Although not sure if you could class us as major.