Kingsford Stadium - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kingsford Stadium

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Aberdeen have requested the withdrawal of planning consent to allow for further consultation. 

In other words, they've been told it's gonna be rejected and have decided to mothball everything, in the hope it will go away. 

Speaking to a lawyer up there the other day.. Seemingly the objectors have more resources at their disposal than most normal groups who object.

• 3 months later...
On 29/01/2018 at 4:20 PM, Jim Beem said:

Not debating whether its good or bad for Aberdeen but what is it with folk in Aberdeenshire ? They seem to oppose anything and everything and one across as right miserable and annoying  cunts. ^?^

The people of Westhill generally think they’re better than everyone else. They keep saying Aberdeenshire council doesn’t want it, which is good, as it won’t built in the shire. 

The local council of kingswells also said the residents didn’t want it, without actually consulting anyone. 

Some of the comments the last year from them have been hilarious, one lassie said if there was football in Westhill, she wouldn’t be able to get to Costco between 3&5 pm as the A944 would be shit to traffic on maychdays and this is the only time she could get there. 

Another said she would have to get 6ft fences and cctv installed at her parents house to keep out the hooligans that rampage all over the city centre at weekends. 

I lived in westhill for 3 years , on the furthest east street that backs into the fields ; recall a neighbour was all smug how the forties pipeline was in the field so nothing could get built there.....

personally speaking i feel Pittodrie was badly neglected ; had loads of chances/time to redevelop After land behind south stand was bought

rotate the pitch 90, training pitch on old gasworks etc ; but building houses is easier option

we were also fed the line of “no viable alternative” to Bellfield by kingswells(sound familiar) altho the failed plan B at charlestown was obviously in the back hipper

SM has obviously been a saviour for the club , but a badly kept secret re his propert deals ( AFC first went into debt during the building of beach end circa 93 ; SMG were prime construction contractors i recall - 4.5 mill cost ; 2 ish from grants)

11 hours ago, dandydunn said:

The people of Westhill generally think they’re better than everyone else. They keep saying Aberdeenshire council doesn’t want it, which is good, as it won’t built in the shire. 

The local council of kingswells also said the residents didn’t want it, without actually consulting anyone. 

Some of the comments the last year from them have been hilarious, one lassie said if there was football in Westhill, she wouldn’t be able to get to Costco between 3&5 pm as the A944 would be shit to traffic on maychdays and this is the only time she could get there. 

Another said she would have to get 6ft fences and cctv installed at her parents house to keep out the hooligans that rampage all over the city centre at weekends. 

There have been calls for resignations from furious Kingswells residents who are pro-Kingsford.  To be fair, there has been a total breach of confidence, probably compliance and an abuse of position for self interest. 

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

How much will be from the sale of Pittodrie?

I have no idea, I’m a Sparkie, not an estate agent :P

Going by house prices for flats in Aberdeen though, it will be a considerable amount that it’s worth. 

I would think 15-20 million would be a ballpark figure. 

Just now, dandydunn said:

I have no idea, I’m a Sparkie, not an estate agent :P

Going by house prices for flats in Aberdeen though, it will be a considerable amount that it’s worth. 

I would think 15-20 million would be a ballpark figure. 

On a sparkie’s wage, you’d be able to afford half a street. 

Just now, Ormond said:

On a sparkie’s wage, you’d be able to afford half a street. 

I’ll be moving out to Westhill, paint my house red and white, then build a wee bar that my pals come to before games. 

That'll really piss off the locals :lol:

Just now, dandydunn said:

I’ll be moving out to Westhill, paint my house red and white, then build a wee bar that my pals come to before games. 

That'll really piss off the locals :lol:

You should go the whole hog and speak in a Scottish accent. :D

On 1/29/2018 at 4:20 PM, Jim Beem said:

Not debating whether its good or bad for Aberdeen but what is it with folk in Aberdeenshire ? They seem to oppose anything and everything and one across as right miserable and annoying  cunts. ^?^

List of anything and everything please?

19 hours ago, Parklife said:

Union terrace gardens. Union square. Kingsford. AWPR. 

UTG/Union Sq aren't in Aberdeenshire. Loads of the AWPR isn't either and it was an Aberdeen City Councillor who was blocking it.

Surprised and Aberdeen fan is unaware of the difference :huh:

Edited by Lamia

10 minutes ago, Lamia said:

So Kingsford and Trump.

And to be honest thing we were proved right over Trump Int

Kingsford is technically within the city limits and not in Aberdeenshire.

were you in support of the new stadium location?

Edited by vanderark14