The final World Cup game at Hampden? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The final World Cup game at Hampden?

Toepoke

2 hours ago, bonny78 said:

There are bigger issues than the barent formula which is just a regiggingly tool.   Its about creating national democracy and governing our own country.   (That country being uk btw) .

long term we must strive to keep away from the corrupt EU and its failed currency experiment.   Thank fk we didnt join it im sure you ll agree.

Brexit is coming

EU is dying

UK is recovering 

Brighter days ahead for Britain.

the uk aint a country 

Neither is Britain

however i am sure you are awareof that ... :ok:

5 hours ago, bonny78 said:

Edinburgers are very proud of their city.   Britain will always be a real country so not sure what you are talking bout.

Britain is an Island.. thats all.....it aint and never will be a country.....

3 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

Still. Lots of ppl are proud to be British.  Myself included.    

Proud to be scottish too but to leave the uk is just dam stupid beyond believe. 

Tosh unless you love being taken to war on lies, love corrupt MPs involved in cash for questions scandals, love those same MPs running up bills of thousands of pounds on menial things claiming them as expenses, love a government that goes into partnership with a party linked with terrorism etc etc etc.

4 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Tosh unless you love being taken to war on lies, love corrupt MPs involved in cash for questions scandals, love those same MPs running up bills of thousands of pounds on menial things claiming them as expenses, love a government that goes into partnership with a party linked with terrorism etc etc etc.

Will that stop if we become independent? 

6 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Only one way to find out. And if it doesn't I'd sooner be lied to by a Scot than by those outwith Scotland.

That is just silly.  Corruption is corruption no matter.

We are stronger together and its the EU that is the enemy in this sector of the globe.   

Edited by bonny78

43 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

That is just silly.  Corruption is corruption no matter.

We are stronger together and its the EU that is the enemy in this sector of the globe.   

You don’t see the irony in that?

cant believe I’m replying to a troll. 

Just now, blue_knight said:

This threat not about hampden?

Indeed. Apologies as it was bonny78 that took us down this path.

I hope Hampden remains the national stadium but could do with revamping and an increase in capacity. The only way that seems possible is by lowering pitch level and adding in extra rows of seats around the pitch moving the fans closer to the pitch in the process. However, my guessing is that what it would cost to do all that it would almost prove just as cheap to build a brand new stadium on the same site.

5 minutes ago, blue_knight said:

Glasgow is scottish footballs capital so id probably agree to improving hampden.

The trains are a joke 

I hate the traipsing home into town after a crap result

Genuine question (I'm 15 minutes from Hampden so trains are fine for me) but what makes the trains a joke? Isn't Hampden pretty well served with train stations that are walking distance, or are you referring to the services back north and the east coast from Queen Street?

Before tonight I wanted Hampden to stay.

It is our natural historical home.  All those memories.  All those games.  All the people who have stood and sat at the ground with hundreds of games on that turf.  Murrayfield is for rugby.  Soulless stadium in central Scotland is not attractive.  Bouncing around the country is all meh.  The history, the pride, the passion.  Hampden has it.  The stadium was rebuilt with a lot less money than other places and if there is cash it could be improved more.  There are 20+ pubs within 30 minutes walk.  2 train stations (better crowd control could speed up getting crowds on and off the trains), 5+ public bus routes and now the express buses organised by SFA.

After tonight it is a brilliant place!  The stadium was bouncing.  A very good atmosphere.  Up there with Italy, France, Netherland, Spain and Germany games.  30+k people stayed until every Scottish player walked off the pitch bouncing to the tune. 

My love has got no money - he's got strong beliefs
My love has got no power- he's got strong beliefs
My love has got no fame - he's got strong beliefs
My love has got no money - he's got strong beliefs
Want more and more
People just want more and more
So you tell me in love, what he's looking for
Freed from desire
Freed from desire
Freed from desire
Freed from desire
NanananaNanananaNanananaNanananaNanananaNanananaNanananaNanananaNanananaNanananaNanananaNanananaNanananaNanananaNanananaNanananaNanananaNanananaNanananaNanananaNanananaNanananaNananana

Love it!  Football is amazing when you get a last minute goal like that.  Roll on Sunday.

13 hours ago, blue_knight said:

The train station at mount florida. Always have memories of standing in the pishing rain for ages while someone on a horse tells us to behave so  started walking home to town instead

You mean that really loud wummin polis on a horse ? She was there for a good few years screaming completely unnecessary orders like "back ! back ! keep to the right ! keep to the right !" at everyone going towards Mount Florida after a game. She was annoying as hell.

even though Edinburgh is my city and it would very, very easy for me to see Scotland games at Murrayfield, with loads of boozers close by, it has to be Hampden.  I think the East and West should be rebuilt closer to the pitch increasing the capacity to 70,000.

Fcuk giving any more Scottish football money to the two ugly sisters.  Ibrox is falling down and the area around Celtic Park is a sh1tehole.  

23 hours ago, blue_knight said:

The train station at mount florida. Always have memories of standing in the pishing rain for ages while someone on a horse tells us to behave so  started walking home to town instead

Plenty of other much quieter train stations close to Hampden.  It’s not Hampden’s fault people choose to stand in a huge queue at the closest station rather than walking to Kings Park, Cathcart, Crosshill or even Rutherglen.

Last few games we’ve walked 20 mins to Rutherglen, a pint in the Wetherspooons there, and then a train from there.  Much easier and much more civilised.