The final World Cup game at Hampden? - Page 25 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The final World Cup game at Hampden?

Toepoke

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

The selling of Hampden to the SFA was finalised yesterday. Can’t see any mention of it on here for some reason. I fear this board is dying on its arse. Or maybe I’ve missed it?

Anyway, I’m happy about the SFA now owning the National Stadium and we can thankfully do away with all the scaremongering about leaving Hampden that comes around every 20 years or so. 

10 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

The selling of Hampden to the SFA was finalised yesterday. Can’t see any mention of it on here for some reason. I fear this board is dying on its arse. Or maybe I’ve missed it?

Anyway, I’m happy about the SFA now owning the National Stadium and we can thankfully do away with all the scaremongering about leaving Hampden that comes around every 20 years or so. 

There was a lot of activity on the Women's World Cup thread. I think most people were just caught up in that rather than excited about the finalisation of a deal we've known has been happening for months? It's great, but there were more important things going on yesterday for sure.

1 minute ago, mrniaboc said:

There was a lot of activity on the Women's World Cup thread. I think most people were just caught up in that rather than excited about the finalisation of a deal we've known has been happening for months? It's great, but there were more important things going on yesterday for sure.

I’m sure the average TAMB member can consider and post about more than one thing at a time.

I do get what you mean but a lot of people on here don’t actually care about the women’s World Cup and I was mildly surprised there was no comment on the sale.

Expected or not it is a pretty big announcement that affects most Scotland fans. It was just an observation though. I’m hardly shocked.