To stay or go? - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

To stay or go?

andyD

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

We finished 3rd, not that it matters. He stilll has to go

When is the draw for the next campaign?

It's actually been a positive year. 14 points from 6 games, not sure how many teams below the top teams have managed that in the european section.

The emergence of Griffiths and Tierney have been massive pluses in the last year.

The team have also shown a great knack to score late which is a good trait for any emerging team to have.

There is a base to qualify for the next campaign.Remember 24 teams make the euros compare to just 13 for the world cup so the numbers are much more kind.

I just worry if there's a change of manager the SFA will waste it all by appointing a no hoper as manager.

This to me is similar to 2007. McLeish gets Scotland to brink of qualification leaves and the next two managers over the next five years were Burley and Levein who wasted decent qualification groups and dragged Scotland right down.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strachan got this game totally wrong., Just like he did in Dublin last campaign. You cant do that at international level with so few games.

Much as I think he is improving it is time to freshen things up so we don't end up sticking with the same old faces. Anya Fletcher and Snodgrass coming on as subs. doubt if a new manager would have them in the squad.

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Michael Stewart sums it up perfectly.

strachans obsession with English football and leaving on form Scottish based and Celtic players on the bench has cost us

Without doubt. Our key players all play in Scotland other than ex-Arab Robertson. 

8 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Strachan got this game totally wrong., Just like he did in Dublin last campaign. You cant do that at international level with so few games.

The problem with Strachan is he thinks we have games that are not must wins. We play in groups with only 8-10 games to play, every game is must win! He might as well set out his stall at the start and say we're not going to bother trying to win this group, we'll just make up the numbers trying to scrabble around for second

2 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH

:banghead:

Never said he'd take it if offered (I assume you're a Don.)

Maybe he dreams of winning the SPL with Aberdeen (If Leicester can do it in England....), maybe he dreams of making the europa league group stage with Aberdeen (Calderwood did it) so the job is far from finished in that case...

Or he's waiting for a team better than Sunderland to give him a call....

2 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

Never said he'd take it if offered (I assume you're a Don.)

Maybe he dreams of winning the SPL with Aberdeen (If Leicester can do it in England....), maybe he dreams of making the europa league group stage with Aberdeen (Calderwood did it) so the job is far from finished in that case...

Or he's waiting for a team better than Sunderland to give him a call....

You’ve completely missed my point. 

Why does it have to be a Scotsman?

Youve already said there’s none decent out there, why settle for a mediocre replacement?

2 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

It was a very, very low bar. 

I thought Fletch and McArthur were pretty awful. Poor in possession, bad passes and putting us under pressure from the off.

Bannan was never caught in possession, moved it well, worked tirelessly closing, supporting and hassling.

For me Fletch and McArthur should just be gone now. Bannan is still worth a squad place.

1 minute ago, andyD said:

I thought Fletch and McArthur were pretty awful. Poor in possession, bad passes and putting us under pressure from the off.

Bannan was never caught in possession, moved it well, worked tirelessly closing, supporting and hassling.

For me Fletch and McArthur should just be gone now. Bannan is still worth a squad place.

Fletcher was one of our best players?  Unless you mean Stephen?

6 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

You’ve completely missed my point. 

Why does it have to be a Scotsman?

Youve already said there’s none decent out there, why settle for a mediocre replacement?

If you read my first post I suggest Michael O'Neill given he was linked tentatively a few months back given he lives in Edinburgh.

He's not Scottish is he...

Would've taken Lagerback when he was leaving Iceland. Proven time and again at international level and would fit the culture/style of play. People can't say Norway have better prospects over next few years.

They'll be some decent alternatives floating around after the world although doubt SFA would wait that long.

Bert Van Maajwick. Took Holland to 2010 world cup final and just qualifed Saudi Arabia to their first finals since 2006.

Happy now?

Edited by Tartan Chris

Im on the fence, ideally I'd say go but who would we get that's better is the concern.

The squad is very poor and to miss out on goal difference with this bunch is a case of punching above our weight which is commendable. 

His attitude and ridiculous comments too often seen coming from him wouldn't be missed.

Edited by McExpat